You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat If you had 24 hours to live...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 06:14 AM   #1
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray
Default If you had 24 hours to live...

...knowing that the World was about to be completely destroyed and you knew nothing could be done to prevent it, what would you do?

I'm sorry, this is one of the most depressing threads you've probably ever seen, but there is a reasoning for me asking this. My latest story is based around these aforementioned events, and so I'm basically trying to collect and gather as much info as I can, to try and think of logical and meaningful things that people may do in that period of time.

I have several ideas, which I will be using, but I'd be interested to see what you guys have to say on the subject matter.

I know that the subject matter is very dark and morbid. I'm essentially writing the story, in such a bleak and awful manner, to try and conclude it with a final sense of unity, harmony and companionship. Essentially, the World peace that many of us desire. What could possibly bring people more together, and stand united, than the threat of their own extinction?

Your thoughts?

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #2

Would the hypothetical me be the only one to know this? Because that would certainly change the situation Ooh ooh and can the hypothetical me stop it or what? Or should we improvise Anyhow, I guess in either situation I'd run straight for the girl I love and spend my last time with her or something, perhaps go down swingin'
Old 06-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #3
A Servicable Villain

With that foreknowledge, I'd rush home to play Grim Fandango one last time.
Which has actually been on my head a few times lately: I've been stalling playing GF for five years now, just waiting for all the solutions to get out of my memory so I can play it again in full glory. But what if I suddenly die then? I think I'd be sorely pissed that I didn't take enough advantage of such a wonderful game!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:43 AM   #4
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Did we do one of these before?
I'd STOP time with my magical dagger!
Oh wait, I'm out of sand... Blast!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:49 AM   #5
Umbilicus Mundi

Didn't we just have this thread some time ago?
I think my answer was:
making mad love in other peoples private property while being on the run from local law from unpaid parking tickets... Wait, that's not it... nevermind.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

If there was such a thread, I apologise.

Just interested for research.

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #7
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Sounds kinda like 'the ring', only in more drastick version. I think that thread you are talking about was on previous forum.

I guess I'll do things_that_I_always_wanted_to_do_but_never_did.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #8
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I think Trep did it almost 6 months ago, so I guess it's OK to restart the thread...
Come to think of it...
Wouldn't everybody be trying to do "all the things they wanted to buy never did", and that would be pure Kaos with a capital K...
People would be doing illegal things, most of the stores would be closed (why open the store when I have so much to do?) and come to think of it you probably wouldn't be able to count on anybody else to help you do your "things"...
Even the cops would stop working to get their stuff done...
Example:
-I want to have a feast...
-The owner of the restaurant wants to go bowling one more time...
-The Bowlorama owner is on a quest to lose his virginity...
-The house of ill reputation and negotiable affection is closed beacuse..., well you get the idea by now right?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #9
Under pressure.

I'd spent all my saved money, of course. I'll probably buy a very expensive Ferrari and ignore the speed limits. And I'll have sex. Lots of sex with lots of women and without protection. Sex in my new car. Oh yeah.

--Erwin
Old 06-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I think Trep did it almost 6 months ago, so I guess it's OK to restart the thread...
Come to think of it...
Wouldn't everybody be trying to do "all the things they wanted to buy never did", and that would be pure Kaos with a capital K...
People would be doing illegal things, most of the stores would be closed (why open the store when I have so much to do?) and come to think of it you probably wouldn't be able to count on anybody else to help you do your "things"...
Even the cops would stop working to get their stuff done...
Example:
-I want to have a feast...
-The owner of the restaurant wants to go bowling one more time...
-The Bowlorama owner is on a quest to lose his virginity...
-The house of ill reputation and negotiable affection is closed beacuse..., well you get the idea by now right?

Exactly. The limits are endless. I'd even be scared to leave my house, the hustle and bustle would be...unbelievable!

Personally, I'd spend time with family and friends if I could, and i'd email the girl I've been crazy about, and tell her just how I feel. .

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:56 AM   #11
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I'd spent all my saved money, of course. I'll probably buy a very expensive Ferrari...
:eek: That makes me wonder how much saved money you have.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #12
peb
Colossal

Quote:
I'd spent all my saved money, of course. I'll probably buy a very expensive Ferrari and ignore the speed limits. And I'll have sex. Lots of sex with lots of women and without protection. Sex in my new car. Oh yeah.

--Erwin
Why wouldn't you just steal it? I doubt anyone would care.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #13
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
:eek: That makes me wonder how much saved money you have.
Not much right now, of course. But nobody said the worlds going down *today*, right? Plus, I didn't say it was a brand new Ferrari either

--Erwin
Old 06-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #14
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Not much right now, of course. But nobody said the worlds going down *today*, right? Plus, I didn't say it was a brand new Ferrari either
Noone will sell it to you. Unless someone elses dream for the end of the world would be to sell a Ferrari.

Old 06-05-2004, 04:29 PM   #15
Eiran Psychonaut

Send a message via AIM to Yufster Send a message via MSN to Yufster

I'd say, "Oh, bollocks."

Then, I'd go outside and sell the Ferrari. Because, seriously; what good is a Ferrari when you're dead?

(I might use the money from the Ferrari to take a very brief trip to San Francisco with my family, where we could all die happy and warm).

(I'd take my dad as well, and just as he thinks we've finally got over our differences, I'll stab him to death in China Town, and then leg it to Little Italy).

(Then, I'd phone my slightly younger friends, and tell them how jealous I was that the Apocalypse never happened during my Inter Cert Exams).

(Then, I'd run naked wild through the UCB campus).

(I'd marry Stevan, enjoy about an hour of tax benefits, become an American citizen, and... yeah, we can have it hard, if you want it that bad, my little teacake..)

(Man. The Apocalypse sounds awesome)...

Click and be Damned!

I love S&M!!!

Last edited by Yufster; 06-05-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to Jakek Send a message via AIM to Jakek Send a message via MSN to Jakek Send a message via Yahoo to Jakek

I'd go see the woman I love one last time. I don't think more explanation than that is needed.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #17
Mostly absent

Quote:

--Erwin
Call me when you have enough money to buy a vintage Ferrari (which isn't cheap either you know) so that I can prepare for the coming apocalypse.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 AM   #18
all loved up

I would spend it with close friends, family, and a special someone who has recently entered my life, but who I feel really close to, physically and emotionally. Basically, I'd spend it with all the people in my life who mean the most to me.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:13 PM   #19
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

I would make sure that Agent Jack Bauer and President David Palmer knew about this global obliteration business. Then I'd hurl bricks through shop windows, pocket large quantities of Dime bars and gorge away until my teeth became covered with the congealed crunchy almond caramel centre.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #20
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
...and i'd email the girl I've been crazy about, and tell her just how I feel.
Wait a minute. The world's about to end, and you're going to contact her by e-mail? If there's ever a time to pick up the phone and make the call, I think this is it.

Now she's going to die never knowing because she didn't bother to check her e-mail before the apocalypse.

mag