You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Yugoslavia reunited

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
Citizen of Bizarro World

Default Yugoslavia reunited

My foolish dream: The Serbo-Croatian speaking peoples combine their flags into one, and reunite their languages and their countries. The country is Illyria, after ancient Illyrians, the proud people who mixed with the Slavic settlers. When Yugoslavia, the long overdue country of their descendent was formed, the first name proposed was Illyria. I propose a return to a singular national identity of the Balkan's indigenous people, rather than the fragmented identity of Slavic tribes, whose language we happen to speak. Those languages we would continue to speak, but drop tribal distinctions, and simply call it Illyrian. I present to you Illyria's flag--a combination of the Croatian, Bosnian, and Serbo-Montenegrin flags. The stripe across the coat of arms which unites the flags of Croatia and Serbia perfectly symbolizes the reaching out of hands in friendship, and unison. I would salute this flag any day.
Attached Images

Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #2
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

You're insane. The one country was always a bad idea. True, we didn't live half as bad under later Tito and during the eighties as we do now. I can't really say the same for Slovenia and Croatia, though; though I did get to chat with some people from Zagreb in Galveston last summer. They were working on a cruise ship of some sort and they were not particularly extatic about anything that was happening back in Croatia.

BTW, the old Illyrians translate aptly to today's Albanians, so what you're saying, in adition to being insane and forboding is just fucking stupid.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
Citizen of Bizarro World

Ah, but that's what THEY'd like you to think.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
Tactlessly understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
Ah, but that's what THEY'd like you to think.
Really, though man, this is freaking me out. Stop it. We don't need another panaustraloslavic unification.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
Citizen of Bizarro World

Hmmm...OK, but at least admit it's an awesome flag.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #6
Citizen of Bizarro World

I stand by the dream (or at least the principle behind it), but realize its lack of footing in reality. This megalomaniac teenage fantasy of mine is second only to my past dreams of becoming the Russian Tzar. I've stopped thinking this way like two years ago, I'm not sure what caused the sudden regression. I think I just wanted to show off my cool flag and came up w/ a story to explain it.

BTW, if you missunderstood my "that's what THEY'd like you to think" comment, it wasn't indicative of any conspiracy theories I may or may not have, rather, the beleif that the Albanians are wrong in their exclusive claims to Illyriandom. Not that Illyriandom is anything to be desired...Who were those guys anyway?

Old 04-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #7
Tactlessly understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
BTW, if you missunderstood my "that's what THEY'd like you to think" comment, it wasn't indicative of any conspiracy theories I may or may not have, rather, the beleif that the Albanians are wrong in their exclusive claims to Illyriandom. Not that Illyriandom is anything to be desired...Who were those guys anyway?
I understood what you meant and it makes sense, it probably did happen. However the people who lived there already when the slavs descended are sortof insignificant in the grand scheme of things and as relative to present sentiments. As far as anyone is concerned, Albanians = Illyrians.