You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Dawn of the Dead!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 03:26 PM   #1

Default Dawn of the Dead!

For all of you Zombie movie fans, I went to see this one today and its an ass kicker,:eek: I loved it, its a must see. Best Zombie movie I've ever seen. If, of course your into these types of movies.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #2
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

The original's one of my favourite movies, so I do want to see this one. I know it's not going to be as good, but I'm just expecting an entertaining horror movie.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 03-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #3

Meh... twas a standard zombie bore fest.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 03-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #4

We have to wait until August in Australia. (I'm sitting at uni suppose to do an assignment, but this is much more interesting. )
Old 03-28-2004, 08:58 PM   #5
merely human

How graphic was the violence? Did you feel that the level of violence justified the dramatic necessities of the movie? Did it seem effective in a new, cinematically fresh way or was it merely a new way of presenting "Cool! Look at his guts spilling out of him and all the those zombies are eating it!"? Just curious.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
How graphic was the violence? Did you feel that the level of violence justified the dramatic necessities of the movie? Did it seem effective in a new, cinematically fresh way or was it merely a new way of presenting "Cool! Look at his guts spilling out of him and all the those zombies are eating it!"? Just curious.
Shouldn't this be in the O Passion, my passion thread?

Last edited by simpson_yellow; 03-28-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:34 PM   #7
Iconoclast

This is a bit off-topic, but I saw this movie with a couple friends last week. I got there a bit early and found a seat and waited.

As I sat there, people started coming into the theater, and I noticed a large number of small children. In fact, there were so many children between the ages of say 5-10, that I seriously started getting paranoid that I had walked into the wrong theater. I almost walked out to re-check.

As I sat there sweating from the thought of having to go find the right theater and admit my embarassing mistake to my friends, both of them walked into the theater.

Now, maybe I am just getting old, but why would anyone bring their children to see such a movie? I even heard one of the parents say to his small children something along the lines of, "So, what did you think kids? Pretty funny, wasn't it?"

I am, by no means, of the opinion that kids should be shielded from things, but I still found this a tad bit disturbing...
Old 03-29-2004, 01:27 AM   #8

Some parents aren't right in the head. A guy on another forum once proudly posted that he lets his 4 year old son play GTA...
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 AM   #9
Headbanger

I will deffinately see Dawn of the Dead when it arrives here. The original was great.

About parents who let their children watch anything, I think that children needs to stay away from certain things until they reach a certain age when they know enough to judge for themselves.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 AM   #10

This is definately NOT a movie for young children, there were a few and I was surprised, I would have never taken my younger children to see this movie. You
know somtimes people are just ignorant.
I enjoyed the original, but I have to say IMO this one was much better.
Intrepid, cant say it was a new cinematic approach, but for a horror movie I thought it was very well done, I was impressed.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:26 PM   #11
MechaJesper

How does it compare to the original movie? With original I mean the long (2+ hours) cut that Romero did himself, not the shorter cut by Dario Argento.

Did it contain the same sort of social satire and critizism (sp)? How long was it btw?
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich
This is a bit off-topic, but I saw this movie with a couple friends last week. I got there a bit early and found a seat and waited.

As I sat there, people started coming into the theater, and I noticed a large number of small children. In fact, there were so many children between the ages of say 5-10, that I seriously started getting paranoid that I had walked into the wrong theater. I almost walked out to re-check.

As I sat there sweating from the thought of having to go find the right theater and admit my embarassing mistake to my friends, both of them walked into the theater.

Now, maybe I am just getting old, but why would anyone bring their children to see such a movie? I even heard one of the parents say to his small children something along the lines of, "So, what did you think kids? Pretty funny, wasn't it?"

I am, by no means, of the opinion that kids should be shielded from things, but I still found this a tad bit disturbing...
URGH...
I have seen parents bring little kids to unappropiate cartoon movies like South Park and Princess Mononoke, but a ZOMBIE film!?

Sweet Mother Of Mothra, that is SO wrong, so very very wrong.... But, hey, my dad took me to the slaugther house instead of the zoo when I was a kid... (He is a butcher)

Anyho... I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE! I just saw the original a few days before hearing about this one, so I'm pretty excited!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:32 AM   #13

I just checked the website for a cinema chain in Australia and Dawn of the Dead has been pushed forward to next month. That's pretty cool.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:06 AM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The best zombie movie ever is House of the Dead by world's greatest director Uwe Boll.

Now that guy is a living legend.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #15

My friends watched that. I caught a few glimpses and let's just say it was laughable.

By the way, anyone else seen zombie-spoof Shaun of the Dead? Or maybe that only aired over here in the UK. That was pretty funny...
Old 05-15-2004, 10:05 AM   #16

Check this game out...

When there's no more room in hell, zombie's will inherit the earth...and try to get to you in a steel cage with barbed wire on top!!! I mean, why are you in a steel cage? Kinda strange.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:59 PM   #17
AGSer

Send a message via Yahoo to Nellie

I can't wait to see Shaun of the Dead.

http://uip.co.uk/romzom/

But then I'm a big fan of Spaced (just got both series on DVD too ).
Old 05-15-2004, 05:01 PM   #18
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I saw it on Friday. Really good. It can pretty much be described as a two-hour-long episode of Spaced, but with zombies.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:30 PM   #19
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Stupid North America. Shaun of the Dead probably won't come here until the DVD's being released in Europe, just like 28 Days Later.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-16-2004, 02:57 AM   #20
Typo Queen

Woohoo, can't wait to see this movie!!

Trep, you crack me up! LOL! That reminded me of the movie FearDotCom... I think the level of gore was unjustified there.