You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Gradient (or something) help -figured it out already...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Life and times of...

Default Gradient (or something) help -figured it out already...

I'm trying to figure out how to do a proper comicbook-like sort of gradient or whatever on Paint Shop Pro, you know the kind where there's the kind of balls of a certain color that get bigger as the color should show more...

Well, the trouble mainly is just this: I don't know what it's called so I can't find it in any help file and I can't exactly find a picture either in case my explanation is rather unclear (as they usually tend to be).

Anybody know what I'm talking about? You don't actually have to tell me how it's done in a program, but if anyone could say what it's called?

Or is it just gradient?

(Edit): Well, here's a sort of an example:

you can see them in the corners (from that site there would actually be a link to a Photoshop tutorial of that, but it doesn't link there anymore)

(Edit2): Well, it refers to it as half-tone, so I guess that's what it's called then.
And that did actually help me find at least one way of quite doing what I was looking for... I haven't exactly still found out just what I'm looking for, but I might be getting there. Still, if someone wants to give me advice (since I'm just trial-and-erroring my way through here), I won't most certainly mind

(Edit3): Well, this is a useless thread, I think I figured it out pretty much now... Oh well, if a mod could delete this, I'd be ever so grateful. Though if someone finds a use for this thread, go ahead and keep it (and hey - why not sticky it too!).

Last edited by UPtimist; 11-08-2009 at 09:48 AM.