You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #241
Stalker of Britain

Like at my wedding!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #242
Psychonaut

Only if there are cute bridesmaids
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #243
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
And if I could have gone (highly doubtful), then I'd be tied with Sage for longest travel!
Nope, you'd have won since Missouri is a couple hundred miles further West than Alabama.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #244
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Maruca and I are at my parents' place already. We leave tomorrow with the 11:08 train to be the first at the meeting point.
Are you sure you will be first?
My train leaves at 10.27, and should be in Amsterdam about 11.30-ish (but that is because Dutch trains are never without delay, so taking a train later would result in me being late )
Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #245
tsa
Playing character

Please Luna, give the NS some credit. Most of the times the trains are perfectly on time. Our train arrives at 11:24 at platform 13b (we take the train of 11:00, not 11:08, from Naarden-Bussum). What about yours?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #246
tsa
Playing character

Oh and about the quick snack: I think that's a good idea. I will take bread from home with me because it seems the concepts of 'quick snack' and 'salt-free' are mutually exclusive.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #247
Life and times of...

Live feed! Live feed!

Ooh, someone get a head-wearable webcam!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #248
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Only if there are cute bridesmaids
Cute bridesmaids who are interested in shy nerdy guys, please.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #249
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I just arrived home, and after some stress (due to my uncle being a bit overprotective and calling me at least 5 times in a time range of 1 hour, to tell me things *I ALREADY KNOW* and better than he does too >_<), I can finally settle down in my comfy bed.

It was a great time. Everyone was very nice, and I hope we can have a get-together like this again some time in the future. ^^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #250
Stalker of Britain

Oooh, tell us everything!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #251
tsa
Playing character

Yawn... I just woke up. It's 5:46 AM. At 6:30 I have to bring Maruca to the station. Waking up so early after a great and tiresome get-together is a bit hard, but I will manage. We all had a great day yesterday. Pictures and stories will of course follow soon! I have to get out of bed now... yawn.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #252
Lovable rogue

Poor TSA, it's only 5am here, and I haven't gone to bed yet! xD

I want to know more about your meet-up though!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #253
Freeware Co-ordinator

Lovely sunny day here in Amsterdam again. (Stayed over after the meet as well as before). A great day with good weather and lots of laughs. Travelling back today and will post arrival home and some preliminary pictures then.

Oh, and before the stories start, there is no truth to the rumour that I tried to push tsa down a flight of stairs. There was a good two or three inches spare when I brought him to a stop.

EDIT Happy Birthday to Luna Sevithiainen by the way. If we'd known yesterday we could have had a birthday party.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 04-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:09 AM   #254
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Oh, and before the stories start, there is no truth to the rumour that I tried to push tsa down a flight of stairs. There was a good two or three inches spare when I brought him to a stop.
He did, however, almost leave me in the middle of a street while a bus was thundering towards me! Luckily he got me on the pavement just in time .
Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #255
I think with my heart

Yeah there were some close calls...

Thanks to Tsa's sacrifice I was home at 2.30 PM. The flight was very turbulence poor all though we were told there was a trainee plus instructor flying and I met a nice (and cute) girl who invited me to Lucerne...

Weird hearing the natives complain in my own language again but nice to be home none the less.

Thanks Tsa for a fantastic vacation and you lot for the great Reunion. I had a splendid time. Also thanks for the nice gifts and the wonderful poetry (got it all on camera Step muahaha).

All good thing is 3 as we say, so this is the 3rd place I lay down my best wishes to Luna, Happy Birthday my dear!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #256
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Heeeey, Maruca! You forgot to stop the plane and drop by!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #257
I think with my heart

I know, terrible... but the pilot was a trainee I couldn't have him do manoevers for me... Next time I promise :-)
Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #258
Lazy Bee

Our flight back home was on time. I slept almost throughout the two hours it takes to get from Eindhoven to Stockholm/Skavsta.

I agree we had a great get together with lots of laughing, joking and chatting. (Apparently we chatted too much during the canalboat tour. )
We must do it again some time in the future.
Thank you tsa for organizing everything so well.

The dinner, an Indonesian rijsttafel was delicious! It even contained El Pollo Diablo!

I too promise pictures. But that'll be tomorrow. Now I'll go make a sandwitch with Dutch cheese on it.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #259
Lazy Bee

Quote:
He did, however, almost leave me in the middle of a street while a bus was thundering towards me! Luckily he got me on the pavement just in time .
tsa was living dangerously in that wheelchair! The traffic around the central station and that bus area was crazy: trams, cars, buses, bikes and people!
I took over pushing tsa when we were on the quay when leaving the canal boat. But I can't say I was any better than Step. I kept driving into Mr J or my daughter.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #260
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure that's entirely correct either.
Spoiler:
Wasn't it more like the edge of a street I almost got you run over by a bus, not the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I took over pushing tsa when we were on the quay when leaving the canal boat. But I can't say I was any better than Step. I kept driving into Mr J or my daughter.
Oh, yeah, Jelena was WAY more dangerous than me. Concentrate on Jelena's driving.

Back safely at home with Mrs Urhan (and the feline Urhan). Uploaded a couple of pictures to get things going. Will hopefully post more tomorrow.

The group (from left to right) Jazhara7, Luna Sevithiainen, Maruca, stepurhan, tsa (sitting), Jelena junior (standing), Jelena.

Hmmm. That's only seven out of eight. We must be missing the cool cameraman (with his casual pose and sunglasses) Mr Jelena.

EDIT. Almost forgot. We had a late joiner, bemused by us but friendly. Luna's other half.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 04-12-2010 at 06:20 AM.