You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat How did you find Adventure Gamers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #41
n00b on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
How did I find Adventure Gamers ?

I turned left from Greenland.*

*Bonus points to anyone who catches the reference
Bugs bunny, altho I think he had a thing for Albukwerqu or whatever am I wrong or am I wrong?
Old 03-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #42
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Lesbian Brainstorming Association.

Fil told me about AG...I wasn't really into Adventure games back then,I only posted in the Chit Chat section (not much has changed .) AG was the first forum I ever joined...I was still a PC newbie back then heh.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:59 PM   #43
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Weird. I never thought to try going back to adventuregamer.com after this site went plural. I didn't know DreamCatcher has it now. Neat.

mag
Neat, except that DC was partially responsible for stealing it in the first place.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 03-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #44
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Neat, except that DC was partially responsible for stealing it in the first place.
I always thought the Telefragged guys were. The scumbags!

--Erwin
Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 PM   #45
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Oh. I did not know that. Well, in that case...those jerks!

That does it. I'm not buying another game from The Adventure Company again...until Syberia II comes out. Sorry. It's not that I don't have principles. It's just that they're very weak ones.

mag

EDIT - Oops. I just remembered Syberia II is being published by XS, not TAC. So I can probably extend that boycott all the way to Project Jane-J now.

Last edited by mag; 03-22-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #46
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

I found Adventuregamer(s) via WorldofMI, which was then hosted there. I remember signing up for the forums and probably annoying a few people, but I never really visited the site much. I browsed the newer (and seemingly better) post-adventuregamer forums from time to time, but I only signed up after the big downtime was over.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #47

One day I put my fingers on the keyboard and typed the address, I think...
Old 03-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #48

I was looking for info on Flash games, read a post from this site, then did a search for "AGAST" wondering if people here are using it, and found deadworm's post about my misunderstood support for CA's new governor's election. Where is that post anyhow?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #49
Dungeon Master

Back in the days (late July 2003, I think) when I thought JA+ is as good as adventure sites get (no comment), I stumbled across the link to Evan's Top 20 somewhere. I clicked, and - would you believe - the site was down! Pity. Just out of curiosity, I used to check every now and then, but the webpage seemed to have gone for good. I was rather amazed to see it alive and kicking some day I revisited it in autumn. Even moreso, after it turned out how much it was worth waiting for. After that, I discovered the forums relatively quickly...

I would love to read the (in-?)famous Top 20 some day BTW...
Old 03-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #50

Well for once, something I CAN remember, it was Feb. of 2001, and I needed some help with GK3, and somehow stumbled on this site, and the reason
I remember is because we had just got another new computer, and thats why I was trying to run GK3, because I was having a hard time trying to run it in win. 95.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #51
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Back in the days (late July 2003, I think) when I thought JA+ is as good as adventure sites get (no comment), I stumbled across the link to Evan's Top 20 somewhere. I clicked, and - would you believe - the site was down! Pity. Just out of curiosity, I used to check every now and then, but the webpage seemed to have gone for good. I was rather amazed to see it alive and kicking some day I revisited it in autumn. Even moreso, after it turned out how much it was worth waiting for. After that, I discovered the forums relatively quickly...

I would love to read the (in-?)famous Top 20 some day BTW...
I believe www.archive.org has it.