You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I Robot Fan Trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 08:45 PM   #1

Default I Robot Fan Trailer

This summer Fox is coming out with I Robot, a movie based on the novel by Isaac Asimov. After watching the trailer and not being impressed with it, I decided to recut the trailer with different music and some voice-overs. I wanted to see if I could cut a better version of the official trailer, basically.

Post comments below, if desired. It's a little bit over 3 Megs in size.

I Robot Fan Trailer
Old 03-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
Citizen of Bizarro World

That was hilarious!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 03-20-2004, 01:30 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Heh heh, that was better than the original.

I'm not interested in I, Robot anymore, Will Smith's work doesn't interest me one bit and also the original trailer is just bad.

And I wonder if the effects are made by ILM, cause the robots look kind of like the usual "I'm just working here" ILM stuff.

The book that this is based one deserves a good movie, but I'm not sure if this adaption is suitable for the job, making my assumptions after seeing only the theatrical trailer.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:25 AM   #4

Thanks for enjoying it. My original concept was to have it be funnier using clips of Will Smith making the stupid jokes he does in the trailer and making it seem like I Robot was a comedy. The music I added at the last minute by ripping it from a Tchaikovsky CD I have, from "Swan Lake". That music is also used in Loom.

I sort of like the Robot designs-- they look interesting, especially the face. I haven't read the novel (it's a collection of short stories, isn't it?) yet, but I've liked what other Asimov books I've read. The humor in the trailer doesn't jive with Asimov's relatively serious tone in his other works, but I really like the director of the movie and think Dark City is underated.

Don't know who is doing the special effects, but ILM came to talk at my school. One of the representatives mentioned that sometimes their effects recently look bad because ultimately the director will approve shots and sometimes they approve unfinished shots and those are what goes into the movies!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:28 AM   #5
Headbanger

I was going to look at the trailer when it was released but then I saw that Will Smith was in it and I backed off and forgot all about this movie. Now I have seen both your trailer and the "real" one. Well first off, your version was much better and second, thanks for telling me that Alex Proyas made this movie. I just love his other movies (The Crow and Dark City). How he could have such a bad taste and work on this movie (with Will Smith ) is beyond me though.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:45 AM   #6
Joop Sloop

I think you all haven't seen six degrees of seperation, with Will Smith in a role which he actually gets a chance to act. He can act. he's long past his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days. Give the movie a second chance, and don't dismiss it cause of an actor who's previous work you've seen isn't your cup of tea.

That way you'd miss out on so many cool movies. Robin williams in One Hour Photo, Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love, Bruce willis in sixth sense, The list goes on. Never judge a book by it's cover (or a movie by it's trailer )

[edit] I'd like to give you imdb links, but imdb appears to be down for me :/ [/edit]

[edit 2] But after seeing the original trailer, they obviously haven't read Asimov's books :/ [/edit 2]
Old 03-20-2004, 07:18 AM   #7

Haven't seen Six Degrees of Separation, but I enjoyed Will Smith in Enemy of the State. I'm going to see I Robot in theatres, although it's more for the director-- Dark City was a very creative movie.

Robin Williams was excellent in One Hour Photo. I took my ex-girlfriend (er, we were going out at the time) to see it and she didn't like it at all and was disturbed by it, but I thought it was great! Punch Drunk Love was also really good; I worked at a Blockbuster Video when it came out and all the customers really hated that movie, calling it one of the worst things they've seen in years.

Can't say I liked Sixth Sense too much. The whole twist ending is overated and, for me, the creepiest part is the sequence at the beginning when Bruce Willis gets visited by one of his patients. I really enjoyed Bruce Willis in Fifth Element and Unbreakable.