You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT
Default iPhone Hax plz?

Hey Hey,

i just got an iphone today. never had a neat little toy like this b4 so i was quite excited. Until i learned that i cant customise anything without paying for it.

my main gripe. I've spent thousands of dollars (probably an exaggeration there) over the years buying CD's and i cant even use one of my own songs as a ring tone.

anyone know how to do it? I'm using a PC running the iTunes program so im guessing that if its a PC...then its hackable...

any tips about the ringtone issue or anything else that might come in handy? Is there an Adventure Gamers app for it? that'd be cool.

GoT
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Psychonaut

http://www.iringer.net/

No hacks involved
Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
GoT

O rlly?? Are you my saviour? i'll check it out right away thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
GoT

wow awesome, im installing it now.. looks unreal. is there anything else you can recommend? can i make text message tones with this too?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I haven't looked at what that app does, but setting up a ringtone is even simpler.

1. Grab a <40 second portion of one of your songs by setting the start and end times in iTunes properties
2. Right click, convert to AAC
3. Find the AAC file in Explorer, change it's extension to m4r
4. Double click it. iTunes imports it as a ringtone. The mad fool.

Stupid but true!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
merely human

Thanks! My new iPhone 3Gs should arrive sometime next week (giving my old 16GB 1st gen to my niece). Not sure if I'll take advantage of this but if I do I now now it can be done.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Hope you enjoy it. I love mine so far!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
GoT

yeh i've got the 3Gs. I've made about 30 new ringtones and set them too all different ppl in my address book.... just a bit of fun.

anyone know much about the downloads that the phone does? I didnt think i'd really downloaded much but i got a message already saying i was over my download cap. is this just an australian thing? any aussies there with these phones?

also, making SMS (or text message) tones... is that simple too? anyone know how to do it?

GoT
Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT View Post
anyone know much about the downloads that the phone does? I didnt think i'd really downloaded much but i got a message already saying i was over my download cap. is this just an australian thing? any aussies there with these phones?
It's probably Australia. Here in the States the plan with AT&T is good for unlimited data on the 3G network.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
It's probably Australia. Here in the States the plan with AT&T is good for unlimited data on the 3G network.
yeah you're right. I've since learned its mainly "Telstra" which is our largest provider. They're milking it for what they can.

still would love to know if you can make your own SMS/TEXT message TONES bnecause theres only a handful of shit ones you get with the phone.

GoT