You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Holy War: The Jensenites vs. the Schaferists

View Poll Results: Choose Your God
Jane Jensen, Our Lady of Gabriel Knight 20 24.10%
Tim Schafer, Lord of Grim Fandango 47 56.63%
I am a heathen atheist who rejects both of your gods. 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 AM   #121
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
I think you may have missed the sarcasm in some of my previous statements.[/SIZE]
No, I don't think so. I just read more into sarcasm than people usually do. I think they mean something by it.

I'm probably wrong.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:06 AM   #122
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
I'm probably wrong.
Is that sarcasm or low self-esteem? :eek:

Or both?

--Erwin
Old 10-14-2004, 04:26 AM   #123

Quote:
No, I don't think so. I just read more into sarcasm than people usually do. I think they mean something by it.

I'm probably wrong.
You're probably right that there's something behind sarcasm, but finding out what it is is beyond me.
For example, mag's sarcasm could mean that he hates gays, or that he is gay, or something completely different that I have no idea of... Or just that his taste as an adventurer are poor and decadent.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:53 AM   #124
Doctor Watson

Analyzing everything here, I don't have a clue of what all this was about. Anymore. So mag, could you please explain, in as detailed fashion as possible, what you meant by this: "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?"

Thank you. And - just in case - if there were any other deliciously obscure fragments of subtle irony, could you expalin those as well?

My conclusion was this:
1) "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?" is not funny. Obviously. This is its main attribute.
2) So it must mean something else. I interpreted this as a comment to the unfunnyness (what a fantastic word) of my initial "HOMOPHOBE!" post. Therefore I explained why I found it funny, originally.
3) We know that mag supports gay marriage, so him being a homophobe is not likely.

Last edited by deadworm222; 10-14-2004 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:01 AM   #125
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Is that sarcasm or low self-esteem? :eek:

Or both?
Neither. I have noticed that what people usually mean by sarcasm -in my case- is "You made a funny grammatical/spelling/etc mistake". Those go unnoticed by me, since I, get this remixor, do not speak English as my mother tongue, and therefore all its subtleties are peculiar to me.

*remixor*

In other words, it doesn't really mean anything expect that they are bitches. For them sarcasm is a way to condense their thoughts into a single sentence. For example, when remixor explained his "Just one book?" -question to me, it was so multithreaded and complex that... whoa.

Maybe I should give up trying to understand this kind of sarcasm altogether and just ask them "What the **** do you bloody hell mean?"

Last edited by deadworm222; 10-14-2004 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:09 AM   #126

Quote:
Analyzing everything here, I don't have a clue of what all this was about. Anymore. So mag, could you please explain, in as detailed fashion as possible, what you meant by this: "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?"

Thank you. And - just in case - if there were any other deliciously obscure fragments of subtle irony, could you expalin those as well?

My conclusion was this:
1) "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?" is not funny. Obviously. This is its main attribute.
2) So it must mean something else. I interpreted this as a comment to the unfunnyness (what a fantastic word) of my initial "HOMOPHOBE!" post. Therefore I explained why I found it funny, originally.
3) We know that mag supports gay marriage, so him being a homophobe is not likely.
Well
1) 1) was supposed to be funny in the context, not in itself, I guess.
2) I'm not mag, so this is just
Old 10-14-2004, 05:13 AM   #127
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Kill the bad guy. Get the girl. How original.
Kill the bad guy. Lose the girl. How original.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:22 AM   #128
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhrik
TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM! TIM!
Eirik knows the answer.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:23 AM   #129
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Hey, shouldn't you take that as a compliment?

(Tim is so hot)
I have changed my mind, btw. Tim is hot, and his voice is cute. I want a boyfriend who sounds like Tim Schafer.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #130
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:

My conclusion was this:
Wow. I think you guys are putting a little too much thought into this. Erwin had said that Jane Jensen has cooties because she is a woman. I responded with "all Tim Schafer fans are gay" in mockery of people who use being gay as an insult. This is because I, as I mentioned before, find stereotypes hilarious. This caused deadworm to call me a homophobe. Because deadworm had called me a homophobe and because I had been calling everybody else gay, it is therefore funny when I say, "why do you have to be such a homophobe," in response to deadworm's "all Jane Jensen fans are gay." It's a reversal, you see--ironic because I had been playing the role of the homophobe before accusing somebody else of being a homophobe. It's called "playing along."

Does it have some deeper hidden meaning other than just to be funny? If it does then I don't know what it is. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but they tell me that people can be homophobic and not realize it. So maybe I am a homophobe.

Quote:
Kill the bad guy. Lose the girl. How original.
GK3 spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hey, I don't see Manny digging up Jesus Christ's body.

I love that ending. It's sacrilicious!

mag
Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM   #131
Under pressure.

Quote:
I have changed my mind, btw. Tim is hot, and his voice is cute. I want a boyfriend who sounds like Tim Schafer.
I can't remember hearing him speak? Where did you hear his voice?

--Erwin
Old 10-30-2004, 12:00 PM   #132
Doctor Watson

Gamespot.

Or was it IGN. Or Gamespy. There was a video review.

And thanks for clearing that up, mag.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #133
Mostly absent

It was on GameSpot.

EDIT: Or actually it might have been the one on Gamespy you were talking about. Well, there's one on each anyway.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 AM   #134
Epinionated.

What's this thread got to do with anything?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:35 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
What's this thread got to do with anything?
We are fighting a religious war. There doesn't have to be a point or a reason for it. We see a group of heathens worshipping a false god, we try to get them to convert and if they don't, we attck them. Simple as that.

I see that Jake's Sticky thread is reviving lots of old threads. Lots of walking deads on the AG forums today. I feel like I'm a character in a George Romero film.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #136
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default The Third Choice

And what of us Mystics who reside on lonely islands and worship the Brothers Miller at the First Church of First-Person?
We reject your earthly character interaction, and will take no part in your Holy War. We have eternal mechanical puzzles to solve, villians to thwart, and a rich and varied history to uncover, and therefore have no time for such petty dalliances.

Brother Scott
#5 Achenar Road
Riven Estates
D'ni

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #137
Epinionated.

Wow, that reminded me of Thief, Scott.