You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2004, 05:47 AM   #1
Headbanger

Default Ned Kelly

This is a great movie which I really recommend. It was suppose to have opened over a year ago but it just disappeard. It opened in Australia, New Zealand, all over great britain and Ireland over half a year ago (and can now be found on DVD there). But it was almost canceled in the rest of the world. If you can find it then see it because it's a great movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277941/
Old 02-29-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
Headbanger

No australians here? Isn't the legend known in Ireland too?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
No australians here? Isn't the legend known in Ireland too?
I'm Australian, but I usually avoid Australian movies because of the crappy production values.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:31 AM   #4
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
I'm Australian, but I usually avoid Australian movies because of the crappy production values.
Well this one is great although of course it has a moviecompany from Hollywood to back it up too. It doesn't lack anything in production values (although that can have its appeal too IMO). The photography in this movie is awesome, especially when it shows the Australian wilderness. But since you're from Australia you must have heard of the legend then, right?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:51 AM   #5

That's pretty much a given. I think every Australian has heard the legend. I saw the trailer for this movie and was impressed when comparing it with movies like "The Castle" and "The Dish", but I still haven't gotten around to seeing it. It's also got a fairly good cast. It's been available to rent for a while on DVD here as you said. Had you heard the legend before you saw the movie? If not did it make sense to you?

Last edited by SerialFreak; 03-01-2004 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:58 PM   #6
Headbanger

I had read about Ned Kelly before I saw the movie, but I only knew that he robbed banks and that he used a bulletproof "armour". Of course I also knew that Australia was first inhabited by prisoners from great britain, but I didn't know anymore then that. But I felt that you can watch the movie without knowing anything about the legend and still enjoy it.

I'm actually thinking of buying it on DVD since there is a store here that imports their movies from Australia and it isn't that much more expensive then normal.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #7

I can give you the address to a few Australian online stores if you want. You probably know this but we're Region 4.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:23 PM   #8
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
I can give you the address to a few Australian online stores if you want. You probably know this but we're Region 4.
That would be great. But I doubt it would be cheaper. I got a regionfree player so I can play all regions (as a matter of fact, I already own a Region 4 DVD-movie).
Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
That would be great. But I doubt it would be cheaper. I got a regionfree player so I can play all regions (as a matter of fact, I already own a Region 4 DVD-movie).
Top Shop is an okay online store. They're sort of overpriced though so it's probably no use. Ezydvd.com.au is probably the biggest online DVD store in Australia. The price is reletively cheap in AU$. I'm pretty sure they both ship internationally.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #10
Headbanger

Wow, Ezydvd was incredibly cheap. I better consider buying it there.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #11

I wonder what the extra features are like.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:22 AM   #12
Headbanger

The DVD is suppose to contain several documentaries about Ned Kelly and how he influenced the australian culture. Very intresting.