You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Making a sequel to Still Life.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
Banned User

Default Making a sequel to Still Life.

Hello People,

I started a petition to ask Ubisoft to make a sequel to Still Life. If you can please sign it that would be Great. Also send it to all your friends, make it a signature on all your emails and forums, and make sure that as many people sign it as possbile. When we have enough signatures I will send the link the CEO of Ubisoft.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stilllife/
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
Super Moderator

As already mentioned in the your other recent thread, Ubisoft don't own the Still Life IP - they currently cannot make a sequel.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
Banned User

^Let them buy it. That's why we are signing. To show that there is a big enough of a fan base for Still Life that it's worth the investment.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Ledz

Nothing good ever comes out of these petitions, and Still Life 2 is a lost cause anyway. I'm signing it because it's no trouble, and I would like to see it as much as anyone else here.. but it's hopeless, really.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
is not wierd

Has there ever been a successful online petition?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Club a seal or two

No. A wise thing would be to start a petition to NOT make a sequel to Still Life.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
Banned User

^?

The reason all petitions fail is because people don't know how to use them. I wasn't just going to send the signatures to Ubisoft with my fingers crossed. I, alone, am no force. If I had, at least, 100 signatures to back me. I could have easily threatened to boycott any product for Ubisoft, with all those signatures to back me. 100 people may not seem like a big deal. But thoughs 100 people have 1,000 friends.... To have 1,000 people skip out on your product is BAD for business. That way we would force Ubisoft into making the game. If this should happen we both win. We get our game, and Ubisoft makes money. Still Life was a great game that sold perfectly. In the few months that it's been out it turned Gold ! That's something you can't say for all of the games Ubisoft releases.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 AM   #8
In an evening of July...

I didn't see your petition mentioning anything about boycotting Ubisoft products.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 AM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
I didn't see your petition mentioning anything about boycotting Ubisoft products.

At first I was planning only to tell them about the boycott in an email. Now that I think about it. I does sound like a good idea to put it in the petition.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:53 AM   #10
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m View Post
At first I was planning only to tell them about the boycott in an email. Now that I think about it. I does sound like a good idea to put it in the petition.
My point being that right now you can't threaten them with 100 people boycotting their product - you'd be the only one saying that. Also, you'd have to make a new petition to put something new in, obviously.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 AM   #11
Banned User

I'll try editing this one...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #12
Banned User

Done. I changed it. I added the "boycott" part.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 AM   #13
In an evening of July...

Sorry, but this is bull. Those who already submitted their signatures didn't sign the changed petition, so it practically invalidates the whole thing. What kind of petitioning software lets you modify the text without trashing the old signatures anyway?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #14
Super Moderator

I still don't see you getting anywhere with "forcing" Ubisoft to buy the Still Life IP either. Sorry.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #15
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
I still don't see you getting anywhere with "forcing" Ubisoft to buy the Still Life IP either. Sorry.
Do the numbers. For a game to go platinum it has to sell 1 million. For it to go gold is has to sell 500,000, right ? I'll post you a link (if you want) that says Still Life went gold in the few months it's been released. I like said, not all Ubisoft games sold 500,000. Even if Ubisoft does spend alot of money on buying the IP, it still stands to make alot more money. To make the fans happy, and to make money is a win-win situation. Buying the IP would be like buying rights to turn a movie into a game, or buying a story from someone. Ubisoft has done is before, no big deal. Only this time (making Still Life 2) they Already have a huge fan base. Plus if they were to add Still Life 1 and Still Life 2 on one disc... I'm betting the game would sell 2 million, easily.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Well, all I can say is good luck with it. I'll just eat my own arms if you're successful.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #17
Dungeon Master

1. If Ubisoft doesn't, and never did, own the rights to make a Still Life game, how exactly is it their "responsibility to give the Microids fans what they want"? Threatening to boycott a random company so it would make a sequel to a game it has no attachment to is just ridiculous.

2. Even if I symphatized with the cause, I must agree with Kuze that your modifying the text after it's been signed would definitely discourage me from signing it at all.

3. Why did you put forums.adventuregamers.com as the petition's sponsor?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:43 AM   #18
Banned User

Quote:
1. If Ubisoft doesn't, and never did, own the rights to make a Still Life game, how exactly is it their "responsibility to give the Microids fans what they want"? Threatening to boycott a random company so it would make a sequel to a game it has no attachment to is just ridiculous.
Yes, but as you can see in my previous post. I try to argue that the game can be profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Well, all I can say is good luck with it. I'll just eat my own arms if you're successful.
Thanks for the support. You know what I find weird ? When a product is finished it was up to Microids (France) to publish it. Microids France was not effected by the buy out, yet the production of Still Life stopped. Why ? If you were to read the interviews from the CEO, the project manager, and Lariviere. All of them said that "the production of Still Life will not stop". That proved to be wrong. Than Ubisoft says that it never bought any IP's from Microids. Which I think may be false, too. Two games made by Microids, released at about the same time. One: Still life. Two: Obsure. Still Life production was haulted. While Obsure is still being made, with their website still up. The last time production of a game stopped was with Shenmue 2. Microsoft had bought it, stopped its Dreamcast release, and, instead, released it for the Xbox. I'm hoping this may be the case with still life.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:54 AM   #19
Kung Fu Code Poet

If I were a company and some nobody came to my doorstep with a piece of paper threatening me to get me to do his bidding, I'd have him clamped in irons for extortion. The mafia doesn't even get away with this crap anymore, so it's unlikely you will.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:51 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m View Post
You know what I find weird ? When a product is finished it was up to Microids (France) to publish it. Microids France was not effected by the buy out, yet the production of Still Life stopped. Why ?
Because the game was being developed by Microids Canada.... Microids France does not have a development studio of its own. We've been through this before!
The production of Still Life did not stop, if it had, the game would not have been released AT ALL. (Which probably would have been much better )
Quote:
Two games made by Microids, released at about the same time. One: Still life. Two: Obsure. Still Life production was haulted. While Obsure is still being made, with their website still up.
Obscure was not developed by Microids Canada. Completely different situation.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 05-31-2007 at 02:56 AM.