You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat websites you want to share?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #1

Default websites you want to share?

Are there any websites you would like to share with us?

I have a forum called one more chance to wish
it's about talking about tv shows or video games or other that you wish you can save from not continuing.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/onemorechance/index.php?

it right now is mainly about , beyond good and evil,kya dark lineage,chrono cross,teen titans,rave master,ruruoni kenshin and cyborg 009 , animal rights,yu yu hakusho,gundam,sly cooper,malice and sphinx and the cursed mummy.

If this is not allowed then an admin can lock it. or if there is something already like this then please post where it is.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Kung Fu Code Poet

The Internet Archive
http://www.archive.org/index.php

They have loads of free to download movies and ephemeral videos from the 1950s and earlier. The legendary "Reefer Madness" is there, and a bazillion videos telling women they belong in the kitchen and should drop their jobs as soon as they get married. And then there's the four, five, seven or twelve (depending on what you watch) food groups, and most of them include butter.

My favourite short is a video about nuclear fallout where they try and argue away the dangers of it to make people feel safer... they mention that if your hair falls out due to explosure.. it is OK, you can just wear a toupee. Mutated kids?? No problem... there are far worse things to have than radiation enhanced children.

Favourite movie is "Attack from Space" featuring the corniest superhero you will ever see, and the most LOL fight scenes I have ever seen.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

Completely insane gameshow that updates daily (but has a bit of an archive as well)

Try an easy one to start I can count to at least two.

One word of warning. Some of the quiz content is mildly sexual. (not the linked one but definitely some in the archive)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
tsa
Playing character

Looks around in bookmarks... O, here's a little tidbit: this will help you spell correctly. I used this site a lot while translating my Sophie stories from Dutch to English. The most important English grammar and spelling rules are explained tersely and clearly on this site. Very handy for non-native speakers.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Creepy Father Figure

I found one that is after my own heart. http://www.yousuckatparking.com/
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
Super Moderator

^That's soooo tempting.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I found one that is after my own heart. http://www.yousuckatparking.com/
I'd like a bumper sticker saying I suck at parking as an explanation why my car always is parked so badly.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:59 AM   #8

Here are some seriously supportable volunteer-run organisations that do tons of good on the net...

Freecycle is all about finding good homes for stuff you would otherwise throw away. There are Freecycle groups all over the world, so there's probably one near you.

The Internet Sacred Texts Archive is a massive project dedicated to making religious, sacred, spiritual, mythological, and esoteric works freely available to all. This site is currently struggling for funding. Please help by buying a copy of the Sacred Texts Archive CD-ROM.

Surely we all know about Project Gutenberg, making out-of-copyright books freely available. The library currently stands at 20,000 books, with more added daily. Since copyright differs in different countries, the Old Books and Authors site can help you determine what's in or out of copyright where you are.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #9
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

This one is about a strange cult...I thought it was a joke at first but it isn't...http://www.rael.org/ it's ...um...innnnteresting.

Then you might look at http://catsinsinks.com/ ....Lots of cute cats in sinks

and
http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php a good nutrition site about foods

hmm the Internet Archive and Project Gutenberg have been mentioned and I'm in total agreement on both!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #10
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Davies wrote
The Internet Sacred Texts Archive is a massive project dedicated to making religious, sacred, spiritual, mythological, and esoteric works freely available to all. This site is currently struggling for funding. Please help by buying a copy of the Sacred Texts Archive CD-ROM.

Surely we all know about Project Gutenberg, making out-of-copyright books freely available. The library currently stands at 20,000 books, with more added daily. Since copyright differs in different countries, the Old Books and Authors site can help you determine what's in or out of copyright where you are.
Thank You!! These two sights gave me some old Mark Twain books that they do not usually teach in school and show his decent and anger towards religion in his latter days.

Letters From The Earth is Satan's look at man as nuts.

Adam's Diary Is hilarious.

As is Eve's Diary

Again Thank you Thank You!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #11

I have a book of Eve's Diary and Adam's Diary. I love them; they're beautifully poetic and yet very funny at the same time.

Eve:
Saturday. The moon got loose last night, and slid down and fell out of the scheme -- a very great loss; it breaks my heart to think of it. ... It should have been fastened better. If we can only get it back again-- But of course there is no telling where it went to. And besides, whoever gets it will hide it; I know it because I would do it myself. ...

Sunday. They returned the moon last night, and I was SO happy! I think it is very honest of them. It slid down and fell off again, but I was not distressed; there is no need to worry when one has that kind of neighbors; they will fetch it back. I wish I could do something to show my appreciation. I would like to send them some stars, for we have more than we can use.

Adam:
Thursday. She told me she was made out of a rib taken from my body. This is at least doubtful, if not more than that. I have not missed any rib.... She is in much trouble about the buzzard; says grass does not agree with it; is afraid she can't raise it; thinks it was intended to live on decayed flesh. The buzzard must get along the best it can with what is provided. We cannot overturn the whole scheme to accommodate the buzzard.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #12

Default singing girl website

I wasn't really sure where to put it, its a website where orihime from teh anime bleach sings a song constantly(i don't think its really orihime singing though)
feel free to move the topic.
http://www.leekspin.com/
Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #13
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Leo.org - A great translation dictionary. Has English-German/German-English, French-German/German-French and Spanish-German/German-Spanish.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
Super Moderator

If you have an interest in brains...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 AM   #15

If you liked Melanie's brain site (I did!) then you might like this one.

I have a condition called prosopagnosia, or face-blindness, which means I don't have the normal neurological connections that let me recognise faces easily (the way most people do). If you can recognise faces, then this web page will give you a taste of what it's like to live in my world. The rest of the site is pretty good, too.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:37 AM   #16
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I use this site quite a bit, although it only pertains to the U.S. Navy.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #17
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
If you liked Melanie's brain site (I did!) then you might like this one.

I have a condition called prosopagnosia, or face-blindness, which means I don't have the normal neurological connections that let me recognise faces easily (the way most people do). If you can recognise faces, then this web page will give you a taste of what it's like to live in my world. The rest of the site is pretty good, too.
Geh, now I've got a strange urge to identify and remember every stone I see..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #18
Game Creator Hobbyist

Another site for brains.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Airliners.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about commercial aircraft, including specs and a brief history of most models in the "A/C Data" section.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #20

I made a forum around 2 years ago about the video games called suikoden and chrono trigger/cross now i moved it to a better forum hoster i call it suikocross.
suikocross
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Suikocross/