You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat "What you see is what you get" - really?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
The Pilot

Default "What you see is what you get" - really?

I cannot help but notice over-use of the term "what you see is what you get" when people describe themselves or are described by their relatives/friends in reality TV shows!

99% of the time what you see is totally different than what you are geting, and everyone is acting as if in a play on stage.

Don't people realise how comical they are every time they say it - It is really pissing me off to hear this dreadful phrase over and over again!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOz
I cannot help but notice over-use of the term "what you see is what you get" when people describe themselves or are described by their relatives/friends in reality TV shows!

99% of the time what you see is totally different than what you are geting, and everyone is acting as if in a play on stage.

Don't people realise how comical they are every time they say it - It is really pissing me off to hear this dreadful phrase over and over again!
I would venture a guess this is because 99% of "reality" TV is completely staged, scripted, and choreographed. IMO, "reality" TV is to "reality" what pro wrestling is to sports. Back to the subject though, it is kinda’ silly to have someone describe themselves in the first place.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!