You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Movie Best Defines You?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #41
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
You must have seen the Director's Cut, then. The theatrical version made a lot more sense and had much less of an "Ooh, look at me...I'm being soooo artistic!" feel to it.
They are going to release Blade Runner next spring on dvd, it's going to include the theatrical version, the old crappy DC edition and then the real DC version of Blade Runner that Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford wanted to release but the producers kicked them in the balls and didn't let them.

That version has been long time coming, it's been in some kind of copyright hell for years and years, but now they have finally settled things.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #42
It's Hard To Be Humble

And this definitive Blade Runner has been on my Christmas list for a very long time. I sincerely hope it lives up to the expectations, although I'm not at all sure that's possible at this point.

That said, it's a brilliant film, and nothing else has ever touched it.