You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Worst dates ever thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #101
kamikaze hummingbirds

No, I got five arms but I cut them off cuz they were poking me.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:55 AM   #102
Second Degree Black Belt

ha, ha, ha, why can't you get past friends? Is it your nerves?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-06-2006, 05:21 AM   #103
kamikaze hummingbirds

yeah, i lose the power of speech and I get shy around girls who i like... ... stupid brain.

does anyone want to assist in curing my affliction?

Last edited by Hammerite; 08-06-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #104
Second Degree Black Belt

not to worry most guys get the "stupid brain" now and then, it will pass. some girls get the "stupid brain" around guys that they like as well, so hey don’t worry it's not that big of a deal. If you’ll be yourself and they like that person (dirty jokes and all ), then you have nothing to worry about...... you have lots to offer a young lady.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #105
kamikaze hummingbirds

hooray
Old 08-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #106
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
hooray

smart ass (see keep that attitude and you will do fine)

Old 08-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #107
OUATIJ Creator

I went on a bad date recently. Oddly enough, it started out great, but ended badly. It was a terrible decision on both our parts to see Pirates 2 after dinner. NEVER EVER go to a movie with a girl on the first date UNLESS you plan on doing something (dinner, bar, etc.) afterward. The date was great through dinner, we went to The Cheesecake Factory. The conversation was good and we were enjoying ourselves. We got cheesecake for dessert and went up to the movie theater to eat it inside. All was well. But then we sat through that 5 hour movie (at least it felt like it...) and all the momentum that had been building up so well during our date kinda went away. We couldn't talk or communicate, we just stared at the movie screen.

When the movie was over it was close to midnight. She had to drive about 20 minutes to get home and I knew she had to be up at 6 AM for work, so there was no way we could go do anything else. As we walked to the car we got to talk again, and everything was fine for a brief period, but all too short... It was just a WEIRD feeling. It was like the wonderful first part of the date was so far away even though it had happened only a few hours prior. So as we were parting, she even came in for a kiss, but we had different things in mind for that first kiss... She was going for a totally closed mouth smootch, and I parted my lips a bit for a more romantic one (no tongue or anything, but there's a difference between a peck and a kiss with parted lips, obviously). So the kiss ended up being a disaster, ha ha, and I think that really set us back as well.

I try to look at it with a positive view. She wasn't beautiful, I certainly date prettier girls as a rule (girls that attack ME with not only the parted lips but the tongue action on first kisses as well...so I was out of practice with what nicer girls want, heh). But I liked this girl's personality and she seemed like more of a moral girl. Most guys would probably agree that when they look for a girl to settle down with, they don't really want the beautiful girls, 9's or 10's on the scale of 1-10, they want the 7's or the 8's (the reasons for this would probably require a whole new thread to discuss, lol). Of course, I'm not saying I wanted to settle down with this girl, I barely knew her, but she was a possibility. I instantly know if a relationship will be more of a fling or the real deal. This girl qualified as a possible real deal.

Until that date.