You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Worst dates ever thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Worst dates ever thread.

Where people talk about the worst dates they have participated in.

Whether you were the one that stuffed everthing up or you had a partner who was just so annoying or demanding it could never work out.

I'm still getting over mine

I can't believe how totally demented I can be sometimes when I am put under the pressure of female scrutiny.

I'd like to hear about some of yours first!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Second Degree Black Belt

I think my first worst wasn’t a date; it was a bad first serious relationship. It was one of those relationships when you are a teenager and your mom says that person is bad news and you deny it and go out with them……. That was mine. He was a Senior in High school and I was Sophomore…… anyway I told him that I didn’t think that things where going very well for us, he asked (very calmly) why I thought that? I told him that I felt trapped and he was trying to pressure me into (drugs, alcohol you name it he did it). When I told him that I wanted to break – up he pushed me up against a medal door and hurt my back. I told him that if he put his hands on me again that he would be sorry….. so guess what? He pushed me again, so I pushed him back and I drew back and gave him a right cross……and I broke his jaw in two places (one place where the jaw hinges and the other was closer to his chin). Of course we broke up, and he had to have is jaw wired shut. I am so glad that relationship is long gone.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
Lovable rogue

Haha! You're a feisty woman, I like that.

You go girl! Served the guy right.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
Haha! You're a feisty woman, I like that.

You go girl! Served the guy right.

thank you honey - bunny, that is another reason that I started taking Karate; I'm pretty good with my right - cross.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Lazy Bee

I second Jat. Well done Bulldog! I don't think I ever would have pulled anything like that off.

When it comes to worst dating experiences it was sooo long ago I can hardly remember.
Perhaps this guy from my university days. I thought we were just friends. He was a nice guy, but I never had any romantic feelings for him and never encouraged him in that direction in any way. We used to make gourmet dinners together every now and then (Really fancy meals) and sometimes go to the movies. And he was always a true gentleman. Then one night he took me home in his car and apparently decided to make a move. I realized and stumbled out from the car, hitting my head, saying how nice everything had been and good night and see you some other day...
I was kind of annoyed afterwards since I liked being friends with him. And was also disappointed that he had interpreted my friendship that way.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog
I think my first worst wasn’t a date; it was a bad first serious relationship. It was one of those relationships when you are a teenager and your mom says that person is bad news and you deny it and go out with them……. That was mine. He was a Senior in High school and I was Sophomore…… anyway I told him that I didn’t think that things where going very well for us, he asked (very calmly) why I thought that? I told him that I felt trapped and he was trying to pressure me into (drugs, alcohol you name it he did it). When I told him that I wanted to break – up he pushed me up against a medal door and hurt my back. I told him that if he put his hands on me again that he would be sorry….. so guess what? He pushed me again, so I pushed him back and I drew back and gave him a right cross……and I broke his jaw in two places (one place where the jaw hinges and the other was closer to his chin). Of course we broke up, and he had to have is jaw wired shut. I am so glad that relationship is long gone.
Wow I'll make sure I never get you angry around here. I value my jaw too much

One of my worst dates was with this girl who once joined us on a lunch table back in my college days. In about 30 minutes, I knew she was ADD, she believed that Aliens did autopsies on people back in the 50's, and that she doesn't drink because she was paranoid someone will slip a sleeping pill in her drink while she's not looking. I ended up going on a date with her (because I couldn't say no when she asked), and I had to come up with an excuse everytime she wanted to go on a second date. After a few times, she got the message, so she approached my friends.

Firefox rules
Old 07-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Wow I'll make sure I never get you angry around here. I value my jaw too much

One of my worst dates was with this girl who once joined us on a lunch table back in my college days. In about 30 minutes, I knew she was ADD, she believed that Aliens did autopsies on people back in the 50's, and that she doesn't drink because she was paranoid someone will slip a sleeping pill in her drink while she's not looking. I ended up going on a date with her (because I couldn't say no when she asked), and I had to come up with an excuse everytime she wanted to go on a second date. After a few times, she got the message, so she approached my friends.

WOW (weird look) she sounded like a winner , I think that maybe the Aliens took some of her brain.....did anything happen with her and your friend or did she try and take him to the mother ship ?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
Bad command or file name

That is a great story bulldog. I agree with everyone above, served the jerk right and hopefully taught him some manners.

My worst first date: I took this girl to a concert, on the way home she broke up with me. We got back together a few days later and ended up dating for almost 2 years but it sure make for a bad first date.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

Last edited by bysmitty; 07-28-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Second Degree Black Belt

[My worst first date: I took this girl to a concert,. We got back together a few days later and ended up dating for almost 2 years but it sure make for a bad first date.

...bysmitty[/QUOTE]

That really sucks that you all broke up, but it’s nice that ya'll got back together. Are you still with her?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
WOW (weird look) she sounded like a winner , I think that maybe the Aliens took some of her brain.....did anything happen with her and your friend or did she try and take him to the mother ship ?
She first probed him in her mother ship. And then she had his babies which turned out like*

* Or they never went out on a date

Firefox rules
Old 07-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
kamikaze hummingbirds

OK, Ive just been reminded that I've never even had a girlfriend...
Old 07-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Sensei

My worst date...it was bad because first my date's friends kept showing up and then they would chat for ages, practically ignoring me : ( AND then to make things worse her ex-boyfriend showed up...they chatted for even longer.

So I thought "screw this!", i sneeked out of the restaurant, leaving my date to pay the bill
Old 07-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #13
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I've never really gone out on dates. I just tend to randomly find myself in serious relationships.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #14
Bad command or file name

Quote:
That really sucks that you all broke up, but it’s nice that ya'll got back together. Are you still with her?
Na', we mutually called it quits last year. There was a lot of compatibility there but just not quiet enough to go the distance. We reached a nice middle ground as we are still good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
OK, Ive just been reminded that I've never even had a girlfriend...
I remember that feeling well; it sucked. Ya' just gotta' give it time though man. Some day when you are completely unprepared, it'll happen. It's just one of those things that has to happen naturally and when it does, the wait will be worth it. ...Unless she dumps you on the ride home of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relek
My worst date...it was bad because first my date's friends kept showing up and then they would chat for ages, practically ignoring me : ( AND then to make things worse her ex-boyfriend showed up...they chatted for even longer.

So I thought "screw this!", i sneeked out of the restaurant, leaving my date to pay the bill
Aha ha ha!!! Perfect.

Great thread. When do we get to hear from our thread starter?

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

Last edited by bysmitty; 07-29-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #15
It's Hard To Be Humble

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember that my worst date ever was having a girl I was seeing for a brief period come over to the apartment where I was staying, sitting politely on a couch with me for about an hour, and then taking her to work, where we kissed for a few minutes out back before she had to get inside. Two weeks later, she came back from her Christmas vacation with a new boyfriend and no explanations. Ah well, she was too young for me anyway. *shrug*
Old 07-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #16
Chris Barraclough

Well, it's not really a date, but back at uni I pulled a random girl while clubbing. We were both completely wasted and ended up going back to mine. After some fumbling she asked if I had any condoms. I tried getting up to check, but ended up falling off the bed and bashing my head off the radiator (it made a hell of a clunking sound). Instead of being sympathetic she just laughed lots It kind of killed the mood and she ended up going back to hers. Why the hell am I sharing this with you people??

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #17
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Because it's a funny story that we all can relate to.
That's why we love ya, buddy!

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #18
Chris Barraclough

Hehe, cos I share stories that make me look like a total cock? Ah well, whatever makes you guys happy!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 07-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #19
Lazy Bee

Seebs
Being completely wasted at the first date happend to me as well once. We were both very interested and he came to my place. Being kind of nervous though both of us drank too many Apricot brandy and Seven up-drinks. (I wouldn't let anything like that near my lips today) And we both fell asleep on my bed.

What happend then....
Today we're married!
Old 07-29-2006, 06:19 AM   #20
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Hehe, cos I share stories that make me look like a total cock? Ah well, whatever makes you guys happy!

great story .....