You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 03:18 AM   #21
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
I saw Jaws while I was still taking swimming lessons (very young again) and the pool had a VERY deep end... I remember thinking Jaws could somehow get in the pool. And to this day there are rare occasions when I'll be in the ocean and start to think of the John William's score and a predator from below staring up at my kicking feet as if they are drumsticks to nibble on.
Bah, why didn't you tell us this before? Screw the hot tub. You clearly have to go for the pool.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #22
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42yoMan
The most scared I've ever been in a movie was at the end of Don't Look Now...

In retrospective, I don't know what I found so terrifying (admittedly it was 1:30 in the morning and I was slighty drunk and stoned at the time), but I couldn't sleep at all after seeing it. It scared the living s**t out of me...

BTW anyone notice the Don't Look Now parody in the Episode "Chaos" of Spaced? Had me in stitches!
Don't think I've seen Don't Look Now before, but I've seen that episode of Spaced. What's the film about and what's the reference?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #23
is not wierd

Don't Look Now's about an architect and his wife, who's daughter died via drowning in a river, and she was in a bright red raincoat. They move to Italy (Venice or Rome, I think) where the husband is working on a church and they meet a blind lady that has ESP and sees the daughter that died, etc etc.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:09 AM   #24
Lazy Bee

Quote:
I Exorcist came in at #3 on the AFI list, and I agree with that from my personal perspective. Seeing the film at about 9 years old, there were images that HORRIFIED me. I remember trying to sleep that night...I kept hearing the music pounding in my head and seeing that image of the old lady sitting on the bed (the one the priest sees).
That one scared me too.
I saw it together with my first boyfriend, I think I was 16 or 17. I scare easily and was in hysterics afterwards. Even to this day I refuse seeing it or even hear the sounds of it. My husband watched it on TV a couple of years ago and he had to keep the volume down so that I wouldn't hear any of it.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #25
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
* 86. Wizard of Oz

* 74. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

* 52. The Phantom of the Opera

I can't imagine that they put "Wizard of Oz" and "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" in there, even if there might be parts that could scare kids. If I talk about a scary movie, I talk about the whole movie, and not a single part of it.

Also, I never saw "Phantom of the Opera", but I never imagined it as being too scary (a bit creepy maybe).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:59 AM   #26
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I remember watching The Exorcist and just being bored .

Mind you, that may have had something to do with my father wandering in and saying
Spoiler:
"Has her head turned round yet?"
about five minutes before that scene occurred.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #27
is not wierd

No, the scene just isn't scary.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #28
OUATIJ Creator

Like I said, the scariest part for me in The Exorcist was the old lady sitting on the bed bathed in bright white light. lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #29
adventurefan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Don't think I've seen Don't Look Now before, but I've seen that episode of Spaced. What's the film about and what's the reference?
When Tim's out looking for Collin, shouting "Collin!... Collin where are you!"
And then a figure in a red coat runs out from a tree behind him and then dissappears behind a tree behind him, just as Tim turns around...

All through-out Don't Look Now, Donald Southerland's character see a similar figure in a red coat whom he believes to be his deceased daughter... He eventually give chase and corners her at the top of an old building an tells her "It's OK... You're safe now"....

The figure turns around and then.........
Old 06-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #30
Chris Barraclough

Oooh, ooh, tell me tell me!

Spoiler:
Is it the crazy ESP lady?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #31
is not wierd

Spoiler:
No
Old 06-28-2006, 03:15 AM   #32
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
Spoiler:
No
Tell me tell me!!

Spoiler:
Is it his wife who's gone mental? Is it Evil Parallel Donald Sutherland from another universe? Is it a big bad wolf? Is it an alien? Is it Jason from Friday the 13th? Actually, I might actually watch this film now if it's any good. Is it any good?

Old 06-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #33
is not wierd

Yes you should watch it. It's a tad dated but I for one really enjoyed it. And while you're at it see the other three early Nic Roeg films: Walkabout (1971), The Man Who Fell to Earth (1977), and Bad Timing (1980). All are underappeciated classics in my opinion. Roeg was a cinematographer before he debuted as a director with Performance, so appropriately his photography is fantastic, intense. And he does some wonderful things with montages, and sex scenes.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #34
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Like I said, the scariest part for me in The Exorcist was the old lady sitting on the bed bathed in bright white light. lol.
Heh. Maybe they cut that bit from what I saw on television. That sounds quite likely, actually, because the only other bit of the film that I can remember (and the only bit I found unnerving) was the going-up-into-the-atic-and-finding-nothing scene. Strange.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #35
Chris Barraclough

I remember Linda Blair pissing herself in front of lots of people, and then wanking off with a crucifix. It was a pretty funny film.

Quote:
Yes you should watch it. It's a tad dated but I for one really enjoyed it. And while you're at it see the other three early Nic Roeg films: Walkabout (1971), The Man Who Fell to Earth (1977), and Bad Timing (1980). All are underappeciated classics in my opinion. Roeg was a cinematographer before he debuted as a director with Performance, so appropriately his photography is fantastic, intense. And he does some wonderful things with montages, and sex scenes.
Ahh, I've seen Walkabout, we watched that in school in English class. Nekkid bird swimming in lake, nice! I'll see if I can find Don't Look Now.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #36
Super Moderator

When I was in my late 20's or early 30's I was visiting my parents. The Exorcist came on and my mom wouldn't let me watch it.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #37
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Ahh, I've seen Walkabout, we watched that in school in English class. Nekkid bird swimming in lake, nice!
That was quite a memorable scene, wasn't it?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #38
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
That was quite a memorable scene, wasn't it?
Hehe, I was like 14 at the time, my one goal in life was to see as many boobies as possible. I'm sure it had other good bits too.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:38 AM   #39
is not wierd

Man they'd never show that movie (or that scene at least) to 14-year-olds here. I'm not sure I'd have appreciated it as a freshman though.

You should rewatch it.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:10 AM   #40
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Man they'd never show that movie (or that scene at least) to 14-year-olds here. I'm not sure I'd have appreciated it as a freshman though.

You should rewatch it.
We must have been lucky, we also got shown a version of Macbeth where Lady Macbeth sleepwalks butt naked and generally just gets her baps out for no good reason. It was pretty violent too, some guy got a sword in the crotch at the end, ick!

If it's ever on telly I might give it a watch. I'll have a look out for those other films you listed too, I've heard of the Man Who Fell To Earth, but no idea what it's about.