You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Creed and Limp Bizkit...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 11:39 PM   #1

Default Creed and Limp Bizkit...

...are the worst bands of the year.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...usic_poll_dc_4

Hooray !!
Justice has been done.

Creed. :eek:

Limp Bizkit. :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo News
Metallica's poor-selling new album, "St. Anger," was named biggest disappointment, but it also came in at No. 2 as the best metal album, ranking behind Black Label Society's "The Blessed Hellride."
Stupid Metallica.

Black Label Society is awesome.
Zakk Wylde has some talent, unfortunately, he cannot sing.

Quote:
The other big disappointments of the year were listed as "all new music," the break-up of Texas metal veterans Pantera...
Hmm...
I'm sure it's not a disappointment for some people.

Quote:
Another long-gone band, Led Zeppelin, released the best rock album of 2003, the 3-CD live package "How the West Was Won," according to Guitar World readers
Hooray !!

It is only the second day of the new year and good news is just flowing my way. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year. Or the last one.

Use this thread to bash the bands/artists/musicians/whatever that you absolutely hate. Go ahead...it's extremely therapeutic. Makes you feel good.

Old 01-02-2004, 02:42 AM   #2
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Very nice

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 01-02-2004, 04:16 AM   #3

They don't qualify as bands and they're not even really musicians and it's not like you could expect them to be good so it isn't really a disappointment either, but...

Why isn't idols/fame acadamy/etc on there?

They take a bunch of talentless wannabees - who, let's face it, don't care about making music... they just want to be on MTV - and they give them a bunch of uninspired lyrics and a boring melody to sing to. How the world manages to be collectively impressed is beyond me.

Sure, some of them can sing okay but it's not like they're actually singing anything interesting.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Why isn't idols/fame acadamy/etc on there?

They take a bunch of talentless wannabees - who, let's face it, don't care about making music... they just want to be on MTV - and they give them a bunch of uninspired lyrics and a boring melody to sing to. How the world manages to be collectively impressed is beyond me.

Sure, some of them can sing okay but it's not like they're actually singing anything interesting.
Kurt Nilsen from Norway won World Idol! Sorry, just had to get that from my chest. I know the whole concept is ridiculous, but this is a big thing for Norway. He's not your typical Idol, either.

Anyway, you just answered your own question.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
...are the worst bands of the year.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...usic_poll_dc_4

Hooray !!
Justice has been done.

Creed

Limp Bizkit
At last. I've been waiting a long time for this. Finally.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I want to punch Fred Durst in the face.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 01-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
A Servicable Villain

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin', come on!...
Old 01-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #8
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin', come on!...

Thanks, I needed that.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Live albums are always twisted and engineered to the point that they sound nothing like the real performance.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #10
A Servicable Villain

Always a pleasure, chap!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #11
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool
Live albums are always twisted and engineered to the point that they sound nothing like the real performance.
Not always, but that is a common phenomenon. How come you brought that up?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Fred Durst deserves to be buggered by an elephant for what he did to Behind Blue Eyes (in case you didn't know, Behind Blue Eyes is a classic song by The Who, recorded in the early 70s, that Limp Bizkit "covered" [read: butchered] recently).
Old 01-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #13
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Fred Durst deserves to be buggered by an elephant for what he did to Behind Blue Eyes (in case you didn't know, Behind Blue Eyes is a classic song by The Who, recorded in the early 70s, that Limp Bizkit "covered" [read: butchered] recently).
I agree. A robotic voice talks in the middle of his version.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 01-02-2004, 11:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool

I have absolutely no idea as to what you're implying. If you're messing with the music, then it ain't a live album at all. It takes a lot of work to make stuff sound good live. But I'm not the one saying it, here is my good friend Roger Waters...go ahead Roger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
Perhaps we should stop trying to do our singles on stage. Even the Beatles, when they worked live, sounded like their records. But the sort of records we make today are impossible to reproduce on stage so there is no point in trying.

We don't think it's dishonest because we can't play live what we play on records. It's a perfectly ok scene. Can you imagine somebody trying to play 'A Day In The Life'? Yet that's one of the greatest tracks ever made. A lot of stuff on our LP is completely impossible to do live. We've got the recording side together and not the playing side.

This is from a 1967 interview. Pink Floyd could've played stuff live that is difficult and later engineered it and all, but they chose not to do it in the first place and admit it. So there is a sheer gradient between a song played on the record and the one played live. So, if the song doesn't sound good live. And it has been remastered in order to sound good, then the entire concept of a live album is lost. Special pains are taken when doing a live album so that the recording is of the utmost quality.

In other news, The Greatest Live Albums Ever...

Iron Maiden - Live after Death
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii
Black Sabbath - Reunion

What about you ...?

Old 01-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #15
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Pete Townshend (from The Who) used to say that his aim in producing the albums was to get the studio sound to sound as raw and live-like (if you see what I mean) as possible.

I don't own many live albums, but among my favourites are:

Live at the Isle of Wight - The Who
Live at Leeds - The Who
and
Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium - Rage Against the Machine

Oh, and yeah, I am a major Who fanboy
Old 01-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #16
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii
This wasn't a live album, it was a feature film that was released theatrically and on home video.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 01-03-2004, 03:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
This wasn't a live album, it was a feature film that was released theatrically and on home video.
Technically, you are correct sir.

However, it would be a shame not to include the word 'Pompeii' in a sentence which features the words 'Greatest', 'Pink Floyd' and 'Live'.

Of all the over-the-top and glitzy concerts with lasers and whatnots that they have done, it is ironic that I like the one that is the most down-to-earth.

Still, The Wall live was also cool.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:49 AM   #18
Headbanger

Well one of the best concerts I've ever been to was when I saw Blind Guardian (one of my favourite bands). When they played one of their songs, called Valhalla, they of course promoted it very much since they are playing in Sweden. So the entire crowd sang along in the entire song. There were over 10 000 people there (there are 8 millions in the entire country and this was one of four gigs they had here at the same tour).

The song was of course included on their live album. But when I listened to it I was very disappointed. The mixing afterwards is nothing like it sounded there. I stood on the fourth "row" (that's like the moshpit) and I shouted my ass of at a certain point since I was at least among the first to recognice what song they were about to play. I needed headphones and really loud volume to hear myself scream in the background. Why do you tone the audience down when you have this incredibly massive choir. Sometimes in the refrains (and in the end) they would tune up the audience and you would hear what a great live track that could have been. Really strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium - Rage Against the Machine
I don't want to affend anybody here, but I do think that Creed and Shrimp Bizkit are two of the worst bands ever. But not THE worst. The single worst "rock band" I have ever heard is easily Rage Against the Machine. It is so incredibly bad in my ears. Well, I guess that at least AGA doesn't agree with me there.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:11 AM   #19

I like the theme song they did for the Matrix, but beyond that, yeah they're not fantastic...
Old 01-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #20
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
The single worst "rock band" I have ever heard is easily Rage Against the Machine. It is so incredibly bad in my ears. Well, I guess that at least AGA doesn't agree with me there.
Heh well of course you're entitled to your tastes. I'm sure I'd hate a lot of the stuff you listen to too. Care to explain why you hate them so much though?