You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Find Me Guilty - a Sidney Lumet masterpiece

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Find Me Guilty - a Sidney Lumet masterpiece

http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...uilty/trailer/

I can't wait to see this one, this is one of the movies that I'll enjoy watching while I'm adventuring in the UK.
Sidney Lumet has been working on this movie for a quite a while now, it's nice to see it finally finished.

PS. Don't judge the book by it's cover, I know that some of you don't like Vin Diesel.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

It's good of you to mention the name of the director, I probably wouldn't have checked out the trailer otherwise (yup, I'm one of those people not holding Vin Diesel in the highest regard ). I can't say I loved the trailer, and Lumet hasn't directed a great movie for some time now. But most films he made from 1950s to 1970s are pretty amazing (including two of my personal "bestest" ever), so I'll definitely know to wait for the reviews of this one, at least. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #3

Looking forward to this one, and perhaps Vin Diesel can break out of his usual routine action parts. I'd say he wasn't the best comic actor, but judging from the trailer he's not all that bad at it. Love Lumet's earlier stuff
Old 03-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #4

I wouldn't have guessed that was Vin Diesel if I hadn't known he was in it. He looked a fair bit older.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It's the wig. Or does the guy actually have hair in real life?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:13 AM   #6
The Reggienator

He might have, but I think Vin usually shaves his hair so he stays bald.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #7
is not wierd

Looks pretty funny. And I do like Sidney Lumet.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDB.com
Critics are giving Sidney Lumet's Find Me Guilty, which had its premiere at the Berlin Film Festival last month, a thumbs-up verdict for the most part. "This movie by its nature is not thrilling, but it is very genuinely interesting, and that is rare," writes Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times. The film stars Vin Diesel as the real-life New Jersey gangster, Giacomo "Jackie Dee" DiNorscio, who represented himself in a 1987 mobster trial that lasted 21 months, the longest trial in U.S. history. "The screenplay manages a fine balance of allowing the audience to admire the lead character while also warning viewers that appeal and audacity can tarnish the truth," writes Philip Wuntch in the Dallas Morning News. Nevertheless, several critics raise morality issues about a film in which the lead character, a mobster, is depicted as a hero. "What next, Gotti Is My Co-Pilot?" asks Jack Mathews in the New York Daily News.
Interesting.