You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Think good thoughts for Trep

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #41
Citizen of Bizarro World

Sounds like you'll have a great time visiting with your family. Enjoy.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #42
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz
Pasadena is a great town! I tend to go there quite a bit as I only work 30 minutes away and there are some great happy hour/restaurant spots there. Best of luck with your transition Trep. You seem to always find a way to land on your feet so I'm confident you'll adapt to your new surroundings quickly.

And yes, socal is cooler...err...hotter than nocal, there is no doubt!
This then begs the question - if you stick Trep in a secluded forest, does he go all feral?
Old 02-20-2006, 05:45 AM   #43
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
This then begs the question - if you stick Trep in a secluded forest, does he go all feral?
Trep...feral? No matter how hard I try, I just can't see it. The closest I can come is picturing Trep with a moustache and goatee, a la "Evil Spock" from the Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror".

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #44
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
The most "feral" I can picture Trep as, is his becoming a satyr - horny and encouraging bacchanalia-like events.

Lynsie
Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #45
merely human

Thank you, everyone. You're good people.

The flights went fine, actually not as long as I'd thought. We had a mini family reunion over the holiday weekend (President's Day). My oldest sister came down from San Francisco (Walnut Creek) for her monthly visit to my parents, and my best friends Kristin and Asia (who are actually also my nieces, oldest sister's daughters) came along. My rocket scientist brother also lives here in South Pasadena, just five minutes away. We all went out to dinner, then lunch the next day. Kristin, Asia, and I went to Santa Monica (by the Pacific Ocean) for an afternoon of gawking and shopping (I found a great all-purpose military style jacket at Urban Outfitters for a measely $39, perfect 'cause I'm ficking poor!).

Anyway, it's an entirely different world here in Los Angeles. You absolutely need sunglasses because it's so incredibly bright out most of the time, and I've always felt weird wearing them 'cause I'm self conscious all the time. But I have no choice, it's too sunny, LOL!

xoxo
Trep
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #46
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Trep, I'm so glad to see you posting - I was worried about you. How are your Nanay and your Father? How are you doing?

Love you - Lynsie
Old 02-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #47
merely human

Thanks, Lynsie. Nanay and Dad are fine. They are definitely better off than they were before they got their own place here. They have new friends, which, as we all know, can make a world of difference between being miserable and feeling cradled in happiness.

I feel free now, and life's bristling with new possibilities for me. But there's little time to relax right now, got a lot of setting up to do.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #48
How am I not myself?

Trep, cast your thoughts toward the people who love you, many of whom you are yet to meet, and the amazing times you will soon be having. Let me tell you Trep, I have respect for every single person who moves to a new town, meets new people and sets up a new life for themselves (regardless of whether it's from scratch or not) especially one who has dealt with as much hardship as you have. Trep, you amaze me with your intelligence, your wit, and your downright compassion and love. Compassion (I mean REAL compassion) is such a rare quality to find in an individual yet you display it so abundantly.

I wish you the best of luck with your new life… now don’t be a stranger Keep the information flowing in our direction!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #49
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Trepsie, good to hear you had a good trip and that you're surrounded by family. Have fun!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #50
Super Moderator

I'm glad you had a good trip and you're getting settled in.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 AM   #51

Good to see you're getting settled in and (more seflishly) that you're back on the forums!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #52
Schoolgirl From Hell

Trepsie! Kuya, you're back!!!!

*runs and hugs*

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 02-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #53
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Where The Hell Are You Trep? I Am Waiting For My Thai Dinner Date!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #54

Thai!

There is a great Thai restaurant in Pasadena on Fair Oaks Avenue. I can't quite remember the name though...Changalay or something like that. Plus there's an Asian fusion restaurant right next to it which is also good. I could go for some Padh Thai noodles right about now instead of this stupid salad I'm eating.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #55
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Epic
Trep, cast your thoughts toward the people who love you, many of whom you are yet to meet, and the amazing times you will soon be having. Let me tell you Trep, I have respect for every single person who moves to a new town, meets new people and sets up a new life for themselves (regardless of whether it's from scratch or not) especially one who has dealt with as much hardship as you have. Trep, you amaze me with your intelligence, your wit, and your downright compassion and love. Compassion (I mean REAL compassion) is such a rare quality to find in an individual yet you display it so abundantly.

I wish you the best of luck with your new life… now don’t be a stranger Keep the information flowing in our direction!
Cripeys, that's one of the sweetest things I've ever read, man. You keep that up and I'll fall in love with you! So STFU, ya hot Aussie stud! Thanks for the awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
Where The Hell Are You Trep? I Am Waiting For My Thai Dinner Date!
I'm far away from you, in SoCal!! I really don't know when I'll be able to relocate to the Bay Area, it looks like I'll be staying here for a while. Don't worry, you'll get your dinner once I'm moved up there.......whenever that may be .

It didn't take much for me to convince my 'rents to set up DSL at home, which should be in less than a week. Until then I'm depending on the public library just 1/2 block from our front door. It's sweet but it's not 24/7, of course. Still, free books! I checked out Hemingway's The Snows Of Kilimanjaro. Need to catch up on my 20th century literature.

There's also sweet little street by the train stop (1/2 block up) that has a great ice cream and coffee shop (not a wifi zone but I did pick up a rather weak open signal), a video rental place, art supply shop, galleries, and poufy little shop that sells essential oils and organic soaps (bought a couple bars, really poufy).

I'll be starting my job hunting in a few weeks. This is a damn cute area, South Pasadena is!
Old 02-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #56
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Pasadena?

#Oh, you railway station!
Oh, you pullman train!#

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #57
merely human

I forgot to mention, there is a Farmer's Market practically right in front of our building every Thursday afternoon! Fresh organic vegetables for Nanay to cook stir fries and beef casseroles with! And every Saturday my brother comes to get her so they can go grocery shopping at the Filipino food stores nearby.

When I was living in Corvallis, OR I simply had no desire to even go for a walk because I was so isolated. Now I can just walk out the front door and there's always something to see and do. The train is right there if I want go into downtown L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz
There is a great Thai restaurant in Pasadena on Fair Oaks Avenue. I can't quite remember the name though...Changalay or something like that. Plus there's an Asian fusion restaurant right next to it which is also good.
Thanks for the suggestion. I might take my best friend/niece there when she comes to visit for spring break next month.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #58
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You absolutely need sunglasses because it's so incredibly bright out most of the time, and I've always felt weird wearing them 'cause I'm self conscious all the time. But I have no choice, it's too sunny, LOL!
Sunglasses are the BEST. You can check people out without them knowing if you have sunglasses on. I also like that I feel a little protected when I have sunglasses on.

I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #59
Super Moderator

Trep - You can introduce your Nanay to Sam Fisher now.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Trep - You can introduce your Nanay to Sam Fisher now.
Don't mention.. - he'll just faint again, and at this rate he's bound to eventually hit something on his way to the floor