You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Addicted to Lost!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune
Default Addicted to Lost!

http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?channel=Losta--sclip=102942

Old 02-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Banned User

Shhhhhh. There's only room for one lost fan on these forums.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I love Lost too, Im actually more into Desperate Houswives, because I missed a few LOST episodes so Im lost.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Lost is great. Though I've only seen the first series so far.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #5
Epinionated.

Same here, great show.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Oh, House is better, though .

Old 02-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
Psychonaut

Lost = Cool

the last season 2 episode was great.

Damn Sawyer
Old 02-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
Shhhhhh. There's only room for one lost fan on these forums.
Oh really? You better start building a raft of some kind, then, cause I'm staying here.

I've seen three episodes of the second series so far (in addition to complete first one, that is). A *bit* disappointing (but compared to the awesomeness of the first season, what wouldn't be?), but I hope things will improve now that

Spoiler:
that six-episode-long day has finally ended.

EDIT: To be fair, part of the problem is that I couldn't resist peeking at some spoilers during the hiatus here, and so eg. in the cliffhanger of the second season's second episode, which objectively was one of the best endings in the whole show, I instantly figured out

Spoiler:
that 'The Others' must be the tail passengers,

which lessened the impact.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 02-11-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Lazy Bee

One question?
Is there an ending to Lost? I would really hate it if it goes on and on and on and on....
Old 02-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
One question?
Is there an ending to Lost? I would really hate it if it goes on and on and on and on....
And on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on.

Im sure by now they would be smart enough not to make it drone on like Alias.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #11

That good huh? I guess I should download an episode (it's on TV here, though I probably wouldn't understand one bit of it now, and I won't buy a season on DVD until I know what it's like).
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
That good huh?
That good.
Quote:
I guess I should download an episode (it's on TV here, though I probably wouldn't understand one bit of it now, and I won't buy a season on DVD until I know what it's like).
In this particular case, I forgive you (just get this DVD later if you will like it ). IMO, the most jaw-dropping of the earliest episodes is Walkabout (but you're right that you should really do yourself a favour and watch them in order).
Old 02-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #13
Easily amused

I don't watch TV very much, but I was interested by what I heard about this series. So I bought the 1st season DVD. Now I'm hooked. I try to avoid any spoilers, since I'll be seeing season 2 on DVD too.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Lost just started in Finland. Last Thursday they showed ep 1x03, and I'm not going to admit that I'm addicted to it, but it does feel like a good entertaining show.

Another great new show that I like on Finnish tv right now is Deadwood. Al "Lovejoy" Swearengen is just so cool.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #15
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Spoiler:
that 'The Others' must be the tail passengers,

which lessened the impact.
Spoiler:
The Others are not the tail passengers. The Others are the ones who kidnapped Walt. Those are, as yet, unidentified. The tail passengers are quite friendly.

In fact, and this is a spoiler for those who haven't seen the sixth episode of Season 2,

Spoiler:
The tail passengers were infiltrated with one of the Others, just like the main passengers were.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Another great new show that I like on Finnish tv right now is Deadwood. Al "Lovejoy" Swearengen is just so cool.
I've seen the first couple of episodes (I rented them - I don't get HBO) and I LOVED it!! I loved Ian McShane as Lovejoy and I love him as Al Swearengen.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #17

Just watched the pilot episode (part one) and it was decent enough to go see a few more episodes. I don't know if I care much for the "Jurassic Park-ish" thing though. There's obviously some sort of sci-fi twist coming, either them traveling back in time somehow (which would explain the radio blackout, but not the 'native' labrador) or them being part of some weird experiment or more likely a third explanation. I think I would've preferred it staying about the people and their inner struggles, seeing as though that makes for more than enough interesting character development and suspense. But enough "if then" speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
In this particular case, I forgive you (just get this DVD later if you will like it ). IMO, the most jaw-dropping of the earliest episodes is Walkabout (but you're right that you should really do yourself a favour and watch them in order).
Exactly, I'll get the S1 box if I become really hooked I'm going to download a couple more episodes and see if it's really my cup of tea.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #18
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
I think I would've preferred it staying about the people and their inner struggles, seeing as though that makes for more than enough interesting character development and suspense.
I felt it became more like that again as the first series progressed.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #19
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Lost just started in Finland. Last Thursday they showed ep 1x03, and I'm not going to admit that I'm addicted to it, but it does feel like a good entertaining show.

Lovejoy was the best damn show ever!

But about Lost... It is quite an interesting show, but then again it suffers from what many others do too, it is so slow. At least so far. I mean this far, three hours and almost nothing has happened. The things are prolonged and prolonged and then there's all that basic drama and everything is so damn hard. I can't exactly say what I mean (in English at least) though... And that's the problem with a lot of shows too.

Now don't get me wrong though, I still like the show, I just in some ways have crossed thoughts about it. Overall I like it, the mystery is great and they've managed very well to reveal hints and stuff about the persons and their past slowly (this time in a good way) and subtly (spelling?). And I guess I have to watch it to see what's going on, even if it takes so long.

I'm not sure how they could make more seasons though... Sure, with the characters, but how about the main storyline? Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
Old 02-12-2006, 03:32 AM   #20
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Spoiler:
The Others are not the tail passengers. The Others are the ones who kidnapped Walt. Those are, as yet, unidentified. The tail passengers are quite friendly.
Oh, I know. What I meant to say was,
Spoiler:
the people who are called 'The Others' by Jin at the end of that episode.