You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Lap top graphics card (question)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 02:57 AM   #21
is not wierd

OK well I'm now looking at laptops since I'll be heading to college in a few months and I have a GPU question. I was looking through Nvidia's Go series and I automatically assumed that the 7400 beat anything in the 6000 series, but looking at the stats the 6800 does seem to have the edge on the 7400 in many areas and is one of the "Enthusiast" cards. I'm asking specifically because I'm looking at the HP dv8000t series right now which features a 256-Mb Go 7400. Is this not what I want? (I guess I should clarify that I am looking for something that can decently play games. I want to play Dreamfall on as high of settings as I can manage. I doubt I could pull off FEAR or Oblivion but it would be nice...).
Old 04-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #22
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Each series is the thousand unit, starting from the Geforce 4.
Then the remaining digits are the model, usually this is the GPU.
Then you have some letters like GT, Ultra, etc... that are how much it's clocked to, and perhaps some extra features.

The previous generations top cards are usually close to the middle tier (7600 go) of the next generation. The 7400 is the budget tier, I woldn't recommend it for FEAR or Oblivion.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #23
is not wierd

:sigh: this is so hard looking for the right computer...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #24
Under pressure.

I have a HP Pavilion zv6000 for a few months now, and I'm very satisfied with it. It has a brightview widescreen screen, and the ATI card with 128 Mb of dedicated memory works great to run various 3D games flawlessly, like UT 2004. You can even add some of the system memory to the videocard, if you want.

--Erwin