You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 08:41 AM   #1

Default Inflation

I got the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD and after watching the thing on the second disk where you're shown the ride I got curious--my brain being like it is--about what it costs to get into Disneyland these days. I was there in 1976, and according to the guide book (which I still have) adult admission was $6.50 or $7.50 depending on whether you bought an 11 ticket or 15 ticket book. The Dinsneyland website says current adult admission is $47.00. I suppose prices are bound to increase after 27 years. Back then the Pirates ride took an E ticket or 90 cents. What can you get for 90 cents today? Not a lot. Some day that $47 is going to look cheep, too.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk
I got the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD and after watching the thing on the second disk where you're shown the ride I got curious--my brain being like it is--about what it costs to get into Disneyland these days. I was there in 1976, and according to the guide book (which I still have) adult admission was $6.50 or $7.50 depending on whether you bought an 11 ticket or 15 ticket book. The Dinsneyland website says current adult admission is $47.00. I suppose prices are bound to increase after 27 years. Back then the Pirates ride took an E ticket or 90 cents. What can you get for 90 cents today? Not a lot. Some day that $47 is going to look cheep, too.
Ahh, now the ball is in MY court

Right now prices are:

Adults (10-64) - $47
Children (3-9) - $37
Seniors (65+) - $45

That's one park, one day. Plus $8 for parking, of course.

Recently the trend has been $2/year price increases, although that policy *may* change because of the new upper management within Walt Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. Within the last few months the head of Parks, the President of the Disneyland Resort, DLR's senior VP of operations and several other execs have all left to be replaced by much better people

Incidentally, you can always buy one-day ticket media now and save it. One-day media doesn't expire, and will always be honored regardless of future price increases.

I read an interesting article about a plan by Walt Disney Imagineering to use smart cards to return to the pay-per-ride system at Disneyland, or at least offer it as an option (nothing serious, they're just considering the idea).
Old 12-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #3
Liver of Life

Apparently, there's no longer a Disney-descendant in the upper ranks of the company.

I'm not so sure about Disney Land and World, but I remember going to California's Adventure Park and I believed an adult ticket cost nearly a 100 bucks.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Soon, only the three richest kings of Europe will be able to go to Disneyland, and they will have to pay with the finest spices and silks from the East.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 12-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
Soon, only the three richest kings of Europe will be able to go to Disneyland
And Bill Gates.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #6
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
Soon, only the three richest kings of Europe will be able to go to Disneyland, and they will have to pay with the finest spices and silks from the East.
Europe has it's own Disney land in Paris, so they'll probably won't bother coming all the way down

--Erwin
Old 12-10-2003, 08:13 PM   #7
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
Apparently, there's no longer a Disney-descendant in the upper ranks of the company.

I'm not so sure about Disney Land and World, but I remember going to California's Adventure Park and I believed an adult ticket cost nearly a 100 bucks.
Nope.. $47 per adult. Did you buy an annual pass? That'd be $100.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:08 AM   #8
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Adults (10-64) - $47
Children (3-9) - $37
Seniors (65+) - $45
Well that crap is of my list of "things to do" then. I wanted to ride the Indiana Jones rollercoaster and the Pirateride when I was a kid. But there is no way in hell I'm paying that.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #9
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
Well that crap is of my list of "things to do" then. I wanted to ride the Indiana Jones rollercoaster and the Pirateride when I was a kid. But there is no way in hell I'm paying that.
Indy's more of a mobile simulator than a roller coaster