You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Unfinished business

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune
Default Unfinished business

The year is at its end and its time to deal with all the unfinished business...
Yesterday I played Myst again and I finally beat the horrid spaceship puzzle, since I'm hopelessly tone-deaf, this was the hardest puzzle I encountered yet!
Oddly enough, I beat it easily, I was euphoric!

So I decided to try to deal with other games that stumped me...
I will try to beat all the Myst games before the year ends, which sounds plausible... And beat another game called Fascination which I couldn't beat for the same reason (tone-deaf)...

In another thread someone asked what where the top 3 games you would like most, I posted Full Throttle, TLE and Sanitarium until I found out I could say IF games...

Lucky me, one visit to Ebay and I found those 3 games with no trouble and I won the auctions, they are on the way!

I also have a little bug in my PC that makes it crash, as soon as I find out what causes it, I will fix it, in other words, I will give my PC a tune up!
I will try my best to deal with all my unfinished business before the year ends...

So, does anybody have any unfinished bussiness to deal with?
Old 12-10-2003, 12:04 AM   #2

Yes.
Unfinished business.That is my middle name.My middle name is also You Suck ,but that's a different story.

I do have unfinished business...

Which reminds me...*runs*

*runs back*

I have yet to finish Morrowind.And I've estimated that I will finish it on October 6th 2013 4:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
I have yet to finish Morrowind.And I've estimated that I will finish it on October 6th 2013 4:35 PM.
I have yet to even start it! I figure by the time I own a graphics card powerful enough to run the game without a hitch, they'll have turned it into a Holodeck-sized virtual world. Darn bills... :eek:
Old 12-10-2003, 11:38 PM   #4

OK.

A serious reply.

Hey Tanukitsune,what's this bug that you speak of ?

I too have a problem with my PC that makes it crash.But I've narrowed it down to something being wrong with the SMPS.Are you quite the handyman ? Can you fix stuff like faulty SMPSes ?

I do have a few games to buy and I think I'll buy all of them in one go on the 23rd.I buy all my games like this.All in one go.Is that how you buy your games ?

I have yet to finish Morrowind and the ScummVM-enabled BASS.

BTW,is this the same Fascination made by Coktel Vision ?
Old 12-11-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
OK.

A serious reply.

Hey Tanukitsune,what's this bug that you speak of ?
My Pc started acting weird the moment I installed a Bluetooth device, and for some strange reason I have to "crash" windows (make it close some scanning programs and stuff like that) to be able to surf and read the mail, I have to uninstall the programs that causes this and it should be solved...
I am not a handyman, but what I do when windows give a non-blue screan of death crash is I try to find out what caused it, the major problem today is that we install too much junk on our PC, we have ICQ, antivirus and other programs running at the same time, but if you pay close attention you might find out which program crashes with which....
I could help more (or someone else) if I knew what a SMPS is?
If its harware then I can't help much....
Quote:
I do have a few games to buy and I think I'll buy all of them in one go on the 23rd.I buy all my games like this.All in one go.Is that how you buy your games ?

I have yet to finish Morrowind and the ScummVM-enabled BASS.

BTW,is this the same Fascination made by Coktel Vision ?
When I buy online, I like to make big orders to save shipping costs, but in stores I buy them as they come out, and sometimes I just wait for the budget release...
I did buy 11 games once, I already said that in the confession thread, I saw that a store had all the Sim games (Sim City and such, not The Sims), so I bought them....
I usually go to game store once or twice a week depending if I am waiting for something or not (I'm still waiting for Black Mirror and Omega Stone)...

Sigh, I bought the Game of the Year Edition of Morrowind a week ago and I still can't decide what to be....

And yes Fascination (a.k.a. Murder In Miami) is from Coktel Vision...
But I can't run it normally or with DosBox...

Sweet Mother Of Mothra!!! :eek:
I can't believe it! Only 2 months ago I made a thread to say I had reached 1300 games, and now I am only 9 away from 1400?
Good lord, I really did abuse the budget bin!
Let's see... I bought nearly every budget adventure game I saw, and some action ones... Hmm, it seems to add up...
Well I guess I could try to hit 1400 before the year ends (But not really hard).... Good thing I already did the Xmas shopping!
I guess it explains why I had to make space for more games all of the sudden...
I just hope this doesn't cloud my quality judgement... A mediocre cheap game always looks better than a expensive mediocre one...
Old 12-11-2003, 05:19 AM   #6
Head up in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I also have a little bug in my PC that makes it crash [... ]
So, does anybody have any unfinished bussiness to deal with?
I also have a little bug in my PC that makes it crash. Actually, I have one of those bug-gers every now and then. At the moment it's called Deathgate, the bug before that one was called BS 3.

Unfinished business - more confessions then, ey? Well, I haven't done my tax declarations for at least 4 years and am loosing out on money every year. It's 2003 nearly gone, and I still haven't visited the tax advisor. I have to get my car through the inspection that was due in August. I dare not do it, because it might not make it.