You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The quarters over, grades are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #1

Default The quarters over, grades are in.

I just got my grades today, and things turned out well. Better than I expected, actually. I kind of think one grade was a typo, but I'm not going to question it. Anyway, I figured I should show my work here. I had a figure painting class and a senior seminar, and here's a selection of what I did. I scanned the smaller ones, but I had to take photos of the others, and I did a horrible job with that.

The last one is actually for the physics class I took. We had to do a project on some aspect of light and color, and I chose to make a digital painting.

If you've got schoolwork you want to share, go ahead. I don't want to hog this thread.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
I just got my grades today, and things turned out well. Better than I expected, actually. I kind of think one grade was a typo, but I'm not going to question it. Anyway, I figured I should show my work here. I had a figure painting class and a senior seminar, and here's a selection of what I did. I scanned the smaller ones, but I had to take photos of the others, and I did a horrible job with that.

The last one is actually for the physics class I took. We had to do a project on some aspect of light and color, and I chose to make a digital painting.

If you've got schoolwork you want to share, go ahead. I don't want to hog this thread.

Wow those are amazing! I love the last one and the snowy misty scene, ands the dark forest
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I am officially a fan of your artwork, Spider[sie] .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Wow! gorgeous! I'm very impressed! No wonder you got good grades!

Lynsie
Old 12-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
merely human

Refreshing to see more good traditional fine art after I've been seeing nothing but cartoons, video game concepts, and cleancut graphics visuals. Not that I'm sick of all that, it's just that, hanging out online so much, that's all I see and I miss the 'dirty arts' (as we used to call it in art school). Good work, Spider.

I plan on getting back to my artmaking roots to complement my writing. I'm more used to working with dry media, though (sennelier and rembrandt pastels, pencil, charcoal, and oil pastels).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #6

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I plan on getting back to my artmaking roots to complement my writing. I'm more used to working with dry media, though (sennelier and rembrandt pastels, pencil, charcoal, and oil pastels).
So you'd illustrate your essays, or treat is as a separate collection?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
merely human

Both. My main project these days is a philosophically based illustrated "children's book" for grownups.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Both. My main project these days is a philosophically based illustrated "children's book" for grownups.
I think that's a cool idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a book on the koans of [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0064440346//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20[/url] or the life teachings of [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0064440206//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20 and Toad[/url].
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 AM   #9
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Excellent paintings Spider Crusoe!
I don't know why but this picture somehow feels like the best of them -->

And also the last one, I like it's colors.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
Chris Barraclough

Those are some great drawings mate, although number four's boob is a bit saggy

My favourites definitely the last one, for its purely cartoonistic qualities. The forest drawings are great too though.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk