You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Apologies for my absence

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic
Default Apologies for my absence

I've barely been around the past days. For that, I wanted to post a quick public apology, because trust me, none of my absence is in any way intentional.

Some of you might remember my posts trailing right after my last posting spree where things like, "I was so stupid!" with a couple of links... for those who don't remember it: I 'returned' to The Abyss City, a forum that split off The Abyss, latter which is a dying community for RavenBlack Vampires. Dying for various reasons I won't regurtiate here unless someone asks. Anyway, I've been on TA since it was created, really, and I was made moderator of the General section, then soon after global moderator, and after TAC split off (but, notably, still shared the same userbase!) I was made administrator so I could save it. I didn't manage, but again, that's another story.

Anyway, blah blah yabber yak, the point is, I'm currently an administrator on The Abyss City - and this is a community centered around a game where, well, people can kill each other. It's accordingly heated, bitchy, and the different camps are mindnumbing. Hence, the moderation job is accordingly harsh on my time. Not to mention the game is buggy as hell and I've been given access to the source code and made the mistake to promise to look into some of them.

Can you say... no time??

The good news is that it's really wonderful. As much as it is stress, it lights up my day to see people accept me as an objective moderator after what happened on TA (let's just say: a situation which caused a lot of depression, and if you want to know more, I'll elaborate).

Anyway, point being, this is unlikely to change in the near future, also since I have to program stuff and run Crimson Feather in my "spare time", and then there's university. But I want you guys to know that I've not forgotten you - and I'd love to spend more time here - but at the moment, my obligations are prioritised. Until I return properly, it might be best to send me an eMail if you need me for anything

*group hug* I miss you guys. ^_^
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 11-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
merely human

(((((pinksie)))))

I love you, girl. You never went away, you're always in my heart.

Maxsie
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
Citizen of Bizarro World

No excuses!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-30-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
Banned User

Good to have ya back turd.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
merely human

That turd has a beautiful pink colour.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Pinksie, you do what you need to do, hon, and come see us when you can. We do/will miss you, but you have more obligations now, and we understand.

Love, FGM (Lynsie)
Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #7
Dungeon Master

Missed ya. Good luck with your new old job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Maxsie
Erm... What did I miss?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
Squeaky

Best of luck with everything, pinks. Looking forward to seeing more of you again soon
Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #9
Schoolgirl From Hell

Well, at least it was nice to hear from you rather than just nothing Take care, pink!

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #10
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Erm... What did I miss?
Maxsie hates it when some of us get mushy. That panning is just in case he tries to be a bitch about it.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #11
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Thanks, guys I'll try and at least keep this thread updated whilst real life consumes me so much, that much I can say!

Today I was witness to the most wonderful thing. The two camps mentioned above... in the same Yahoo!conference,... getting along... realising this one person had been spreading lies both ways to keep this game war going... It's like a dream come true.

Maybe that'll mean less moderation stress We'll see!
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Today I was witness to the most wonderful thing. The two camps mentioned above... in the same Yahoo!conference,... getting along... realising this one person had been spreading lies both ways to keep this game war going... It's like a dream come true.

Maybe that'll mean less moderation stress We'll see!
What a shame that one person can sow so much discord!!

I hope your job does get easier.