You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Left or Right Handed?

View Poll Results: Hold me closer, tiny dancer.
Right. 24 68.57%
Left. 6 17.14%
I can do both. 3 8.57%
Other. 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 AM   #21
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
More or less same here. I write and draw with my left hand but everything else I mainly do with my right hand. It's really handy (get it, heh) to be ambidextrous. When I get tired in my right hand I just shift to my left.

But then again I'm a slow writer, which might have something to do with me being ambidextrous with the right hand as the dominant one in everything besides writing/drawing. Or not, I don't know.
Same here, I'm rubbish at writing, really slow. Always was a problem. I've tried using a left-handed mouse and scissors before, but no go. Can't do it, haven't got the motor skills for that kind of thing! So I guess I answered the poll incorrectly, to a degree!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #22
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Same here, I'm rubbish at writing, really slow. Always was a problem. I've tried using a left-handed mouse and scissors before, but no go. Can't do it, haven't got the motor skills for that kind of thing! So I guess I answered the poll incorrectly, to a degree!
Left-handed mouse? But...
Oh, those fancy-schmancy multi-button PC mouses.
Carry on.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #23
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
When in first grade I used left-handed scissors, but gradually switched to right-handed scissors since it was more natural for me.

As for the mouse issue I'm weirder than most. Get this, I use the mouse with my left hand, but I use the settings a right-handed person would use (i.e. the click button is at the left and the menu button on the right).
Not sure how it happened, but I guess it has something to do with their being both left- and right-handed people in my family, which made it easier to just switch which side of the keyboard the mouse was at but not the button setup.

I didn't even think about it until recently when I was planning to buy a new PC and was thinking of getting a mouse made for gaming. Most of those are for right-handed people so I tried playing a FPS game with my right hand and then with my left hand but with left-handed button setup, but both was almost impossible. Not surprising since I've used this hand and button setup for the last 12 years.

I got an awesome Razer Diamondback btw. Really the only option if you want a gaming mouse and you're left handed. So far I've enjoyed the Razer immensely and will never switch back to that crappy MS mouse I had before.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #24

I have to vote other. I am right and left handed but not ambidextrious(sp?).
Old 11-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #25
just visiting

I'm ambidextrous. I write with my right hand but anything I do to me, brush teeth, shave, wipe, etc. is done with my left hand.

I have a theory that people with 2 crowns (hair whorls on top of the head) tend to be ambidextrous.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/...DCsCrown-a.jpg
Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #26
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by em-deecee
I'm ambidextrous. I write with my right hand but anything I do to me, brush teeth, shave, wipe, etc. is done with my left hand.

I have a theory that people with 2 crowns (hair whorls on top of the head) tend to be ambidextrous.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/160/160828/pages/392726/DCsCrown-a.jpg
Sorry. I'm not ambidextrous .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #27

I'm right handed.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #28
capsized.

I like to wank with my right hand. Does that mean I'm right handed, daddy?

No. It means you're a wanker.

Ah.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. (I'm right handed, though my left foot is (was) better at playing football than my right one (it was the star of the team, really) and I usually hold the fork with my right and the knife with my left hand. For eating purposes, only. But don't tell anyone!)