You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Dread Pirate

Laura Bow 3 fan game

I recall seeing something about a fan-game continuing the Sierra Laura Bow series. It was called Laura Bow 3: The Manhattan Murders. Anyone heard anything about this and/or know if it's still in production? I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I'm positive it did exist at least at one point.

07-01-2005, 01:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11studios
I recall seeing something about a fan-game continuing the Sierra Laura Bow series. It was called Laura Bow 3: The Manhattan Murders. Anyone heard anything about this and/or know if it's still in production? I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I'm positive it did exist at least at one point.
I remember reading something about that a while ago: the Laura Bow 3 project was mentioned in an article with other fan-made games. Unfortunately I don't think it's still in production, though.

07-01-2005, 03:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11studios
Google turned up (and I hope you know some spanish):

http://www.laurabow3project.es.mw/

There's an email address towards the bottom of the page. Another page which seems to contain a bit more info (again, at least if you know spanish)

http://es.geocities.com/casualarts/inicio.htm

If you do get in touch with them make sure to mention that style="text-decoration: blink" is silly

07-01-2005, 04:06 AM   #4
Dread Pirate

Thanks for the link. I cant tell if that's the same game I read about or a different one, but it looks.... interesting. I do miss those Laura Bow mysteries!

07-01-2005, 04:09 AM   #5
Dread Pirate

FYI, I found this over at Adventure Collective:

Laura Bow 3: The Manhattan Murders
This fan based sequel is also from the team of Sierra Sequels. The project is still a fair bit away from finishing. A demo has been promised, so watch out for it. The basic story is:

"This Laura Bow adventure is set - as was No. 2 - in New York City, circa the late 1920's. Laura Bow-Dorian (she got married, remember?) is riding high on the success of her Pulitzer. She's been invited to the biggest social gathering in Manhattan - Rutherford Woodrow's Christmas Ball.

Everyone's having a great time...until the host is found dead - starting a series of gruesome murders of New York's wealthy elite!" As before, this team needs programmers, musicians, and artists.

--------

No link to the team's website or anything, though. That's frustrating!

EDIT: That article's five years old... I'm guessing that game never got made.

07-01-2005, 04:26 AM   #6
Psychonaut

Well I know Susan over at JA+ is a huge Laura Bow fan. I vaguely remember her saying something recently about the project collapsing, but I can't check out her site or JA+ from my work connection.

Maybe you can search the JA+ forum for her post or try her Yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laurab...gativereporter