You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 12:27 AM   #1
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor
Default Composer willing to contribute

Hey all. I figure I may as well post a thread similar to LiK's, since I have my own services to offer. If anyone's working on a game and needs music, let me know in this thread or by pm or whatever, and we'll see if it'll work out In most cases, music should probably not be much of a factor until the game is coming along pretty well. If you're just starting your project, you should probably just concentrate on getting everything up and running.

So yeah, I'm available.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 10-22-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Hey all. I figure I may as well post a thread similar to LiK's, since I have my own services to offer. If anyone's working on a game and needs music, let me know in this thread or by pm or whatever, and we'll see if it'll work out In most cases, music should probably not be much of a factor until the game is coming along pretty well. If you're just starting your project, you should probably just concentrate on getting everything up and running.

So yeah, I'm available.
My game is gonna be big, so I think two musicians shouldn't be too much especially since m0ds quite busy.

However, I read your fees are rather hefty. I just spent my last million on voiceactors I'm afraid.

--Erwin
Old 10-22-2003, 12:37 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Ah, so m0ds IS doing your game, then! Nice, nice.

Obviously, I don't know what type of situation your game and its music are in, but if you do need anything I'll see if I can whip something up that fits the existing style. If that's the case, I think I'd be able to modify my one million cookie fee a bit

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 10-22-2003, 03:21 AM   #4
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

remixor. You have inspired me to get going on my little game project which very much lagged behind. I will give you details as soon as I'm at a point where I can insert content. The level of effort required should be pretty scalable to your availability.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 10-22-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Hmm... could you do some stuff in a medieval, fantasy-style setting? It's for the AGSteam project thingy that was mostly abandoned. If it would help, I could show some screenshots/characters so you could get a feel of the game's style... It's for a semi-serious, but lighthearted sort of thing.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #6

AGA: yeah, screenshots would be great. I don't have much experience with that style but I may as well give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, no harm done, eh? If you can think of any similar examples, that might help as well.

Twif: Awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and AGA: MIDI or real audio?

EDIT 2: Of course, I don't mean Real (TM) Audio. That would be cause for immediate beheading. I mean audio as in wav or some compressed form thereof. I assume that was obvious, but I didn't want to come off as some Real (TM) sympathiser!

Last edited by remixor; 10-23-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
Liver of Life

Real (TM) sucks!

Hey, Remixor, don't mean to overwhelm you with this, but I too have recently started on a project. My teammate and I are not very far yet in the process, so there's nothing to say as of now, except: Watch out! You may be asked soon!!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #8

Kode: Awesome! as well!

Old 10-23-2003, 03:28 PM   #9

AGA: Well, here's something I whipped up in a few minutes. I just went back and read your post and noticed the "lighthearted" bit... whoops. This is probably way too dark, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I thought "midieval." If nothing else, at least I got to experiement with a new (for me) style.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/remix-firsttry.mid

It's quite repetitive at this stage; I essentially just got the basic framework down.

EDIT: fixed a mistake

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, I couldn't stop thinking about that "lighthearted" thing, so I just went back and put the whole thing in a major key. It changes the tone considerably (you'll probably notice at around 0:22). On the other hand, maybe it comes off too goofy? I don't know. Here:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/remix-firsttrymajor.mid

Last edited by remixor; 10-23-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:19 AM   #10
Dessert

Im in the same team as AGA - i'm sure we would use some darker music in the game? aga?

I enjoyed your music
Old 10-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #11

Thanks

So I had no idea the whole AGS Team thing was still going on. Is it still official or are individual teams just finishing up their projects on their own? I haven't heard anything about it in months.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #12
Dessert

no one met the deadline so many decided to stop but i think 2 teams decided to carry on at their own pace
Old 10-26-2003, 10:58 PM   #13
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread, or your PM, but I've only got internet access at work at the moment, which doesn't allow me to download or listen to MIDIs. I'll be able to hear the MIDI this evening, so I'll get back to you then...
Old 10-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #14
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Listened, and it's great! It may be a bit dark for most of the game, but there are definitely darker/more dramatic parts of the game where it would fit. If you're willing, could you try making a more 'lighthearted' MIDI too, to see if you can do stuff that would fit the rest of the game too?
Old 10-28-2003, 08:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Listened, and it's great! It may be a bit dark for most of the game, but there are definitely darker/more dramatic parts of the game where it would fit. If you're willing, could you try making a more 'lighthearted' MIDI too, to see if you can do stuff that would fit the rest of the game too?
Thanks! I posted a more lighthearted version in an edit in an earlier post. Take a listen to that, and if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else.

Old 10-29-2003, 12:55 AM   #16
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Okay, listened at it certainly fits. I'll send you a link to some screenshots and maybe a short demo of the game soon, I can't right now 'cause my PC is mildly FUBARed (okay, it's f****d up to a repairable extent, not FUBARed).

Last edited by Stinger; 11-02-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:57 AM   #17
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Okay, listened at it certainly fits. I'll send you a link to some screenshots and maybe a short demo of the game soon, I can't right now 'cause my PC is mildly FUBARed (okay, it's f****d up to a repairable extent, not FUBARed).
I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here!

Last edited by Stinger; 11-02-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:00 AM   #18
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Stands for [a word we don't use on the Adventure Gamers forums ] Up Beyond All Repair

Last edited by Stinger; 11-02-2003 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #19
Vel
Quo non ascendet?

I have the feeling that m0ds is doing everyone's games, but he doesn't get a thing finished.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:06 AM   #20

I noticed there are many adventure game makers here, So I wondered, Are any of you guys making a Police game like in the good ol days? ( Police Quest 1,2,3,4 etc.)