You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Leonard: Time to Rock! seeking animator and background artist.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
All hail the big Cheese

Send a message via MSN to Jaws Send a message via Yahoo to Jaws
Default Leonard: Time to Rock! seeking animator and background artist.

I know this may be a longshot with alle the other developers on the forums, some even offering money. But let me start out by saying, that I'm a real cool guy to work with ( ) and I believe that I have a real cool storyline, plot and concept laid out.

Here's the salespitch:

My name is Marius "Jaws" S. Finnstun, and i'm developing a game called "Leonard: Time to Rock!" along with my associate from Roger Foodbelly; Atle Ragnar Jarnæs Lerøy(jannar85).

The game will be a 2d adventure in 640#480 in the much-loved DOTT kinda style.

Jannar85 and myself are doing story and puzzle. And I'm doing basic concept design and some of the music.
The game will feature a full rock soundtrack as a compliment to the general background music.
So we are also in need of a "composer" but that will be later in the development, but if you are interested please get in touch

What we need is a background artist for (some concept) drawing and painting, and a character artist\animator.

The background artist must have all the basic compositon skills and understand how to use perspective, both natural and "cartoon". He\she must also be able to match and most likeley outdo what I done with the concept. The artist will be working closehand with me, preferably over msn. And it is a plus if you use a tablet, or are very quick with the scanner.

The animator must be able to incorporate the style I've used for the concept, and be able to build on it and improve. This artist must also be able to work closehand with me, preferably over msn.
To work out the animations\designs have inside my head.

Both positions are unpaid, because the game is not commercial. So I understand that you have a life outside the computer, and I do not require that you stuff within restricted time limits (unless we agree on it) But I must know that you have the enthusiasm, interest and devotion to the project once you get all the details.

I can't give away to much of the plot here but I can tell you about the main character Leonard. He's a guitar playing, music-loving, art student from Wisconsin. Loosely based on myself In his bag strapped over his shoulder he carries his guitar (Gibson Flying-V) which you can take out several places in the game and play. Doesn't that sound cool ?

Early concept of him is attached.

If anyone's interested please contact me at: [email protected] and you will get the details and see what we've done so far
Attached Images

Last edited by Jaws; 12-12-2004 at 11:32 AM.