You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures tell LucasFans what game to make next

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #1
I turn novels into games

Default tell LucasFans what game to make next

I don't know if the forum approves of fan sequels (or fan versions of classics) but Ron Gilbert approved of Maniac Mansion Deluxe, and that's good enough for me.

LucasFans are planning their next game, and want votes: Labyrinth deluxe? Zak McKracken 3? Maniac Mansion Special Edition? Raiders of the Lost Ark? http://www25.brinkster.com/lucasfangames/

Love them or hate them, LucasFans have an enviable record in producing finished games. MMD is available in a ton of languages and has been downloaded a zillion times. Lots of fans start games, but these people deliver the goods. Go on, vote! You know it makes sense.

(PS. I have nothing to do with them, other than a link on their site.)
Old 10-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I will vote, but this thread should really be in the underground forum...
Old 10-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
I turn novels into games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
this thread should really be in the underground forum...
Whoops! Sorry. I'm only a light user - I checked the forum rules but didn't look at the other forums. Any moderators care to move this thread?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

i agree, thread moved.

back on topic, i'd vote ALL if there was an option, since there isn't i went with Maniac Mansion Deluxe SE I'm dying to see, where those broken stairs lead to
Old 10-26-2004, 12:41 PM   #5
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

As much as I love the Zak McKracken games, I voted for the Indy game, because I'm interested to see what they come up with.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
I turn novels into games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
As much as I love the Zak McKracken games, I voted for the Indy game, because I'm interested to see what they come up with.
LOL I feel obliged to vote for Zak, because I've spent so much time on the first game(s), but they would all be great.

I am highly impressed with LucasFans, because they get the job done so efficiently. To put it in perspective, fans have been working on a Zak sequel since 1996, and we are still holding our breath. Then LucasFans come from nowhere and complete a finished game (New Adventures of Zak McKracken) in just six months! I suppose it would be greedy asking for a second sequel.

Last week I discovered that LucasFans created their Zak game so quickly by reusing backgrounds from old 'King of Fighters' games. The guy who told me was not impressed. But I have to admire their ingenuity. Having said that, Zak 2 was a minor game. Maniac Mansion Deluxe is their flagship. I imagine that MM SE or Indy would be a bigger project, with original art of course.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
Under pressure.

I voted for the Indy game. Zak McKracken 3 sounds good too, but there are already so many fan sequels in production.

--Erwin
Old 10-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #8

That last post just reminded me about a fan game that's being made. It's a new King's Quest game ( i think it's the 9th sequel), and it's been in development for some time. Has anyone learned some new news updates about it, yet, and when it's going to be released?.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:41 PM   #9

according to their website http://www.kq9.org, it's due out any time between 2004-2005, so my best guess would be winter/spring of 05
Old 10-28-2004, 03:57 AM   #10

Maniac Mansion Deluxe was awesome, I almost got to finish the game thanks to their version.
And I'll vote for Indy.