You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth is in trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
Retired Buccaneer

Default Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth is in trouble

What was a very promising-looking fan-produced Indiana Jones adventure game, whose team had planned to release its playable demo over a month ago, has been dealt a major setback. According to the project's news page, both of its character animators have vanished.

This is extremely sad news. Fountain of Youth's screenshots and animation looked great. A loss like this could easily send the game spiraling into oblivion, and I'd hate to see that happen.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine
What was a very promising-looking fan-produced Indiana Jones adventure game, whose team had planned to release its playable demo over a month ago, has been dealt a major setback. According to the project's news page, both of its character animators have vanished.

This is extremely sad news. Fountain of Youth's screenshots and animation looked great. A loss like this could easily send the game spiraling into oblivion, and I'd hate to see that happen.
Thanks for the concern, ATMachine. Let me assure you that tonight I spoke to one and have already started working on ways of progressing the project. I've been a bit slack myself lately, having one of the best summers of my life - lol.

On the Indy theme, I've been helping shoot Treasure of The Templars for over 14 days worth. That's been great fun, yet knackering :O

The rest of the team are living their lives too, Miez keeps getting EA jobs and stuff. Mm, rethpect. The game is coming together piece by piece, I think you'll see some interesting developments soon!

We're still interested to hear from any Indy soundalikes and would like to hear from any other character artists or animators. We need a team of them in themselves, I believe

Fear not
Old 09-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine

I blame the nazi's. Those damn nazi's always seem to be causing trouble for Indy fans.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:47 AM   #4
Dread Pirate

Speaking from personal experience, I know it can be really difficult to find artists and even more difficult to retain them on a project. It's definitely a good idea to build as much of an art team as possible... you know what they say about putting too many eggs in one basket. Good luck with the game... this is the one fan sequel project that I'm really looking forward to playing!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:33 AM   #5
Under pressure.

Phew! When I read the title of this thread, I thought about legal trouble with LucasArts and about cease-and-desist letters!

--Erwin
Old 09-22-2004, 01:48 PM   #6

Just dropping by to let you know all systems are fully go now, and that completion of the playable demo looks really, really close. The technical demo could even be ready within a week.