You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Anyone know if there was ever a Knightmare game made with AGS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 03:04 AM   #1

Default Anyone know if there was ever a Knightmare game made with AGS

I loved knightmare and there was such a good number of us fans who wanted a really good adventure game made from the TV Sieries.

Has there been any plans to work on one or was there a game made awhile ago i need to know about?

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

knightmare? i've never heard of it. what kind of show is it? sam and max like or anime?

Old 06-10-2004, 06:46 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
knightmare? i've never heard of it. what kind of show is it? sam and max like or anime?
Knightmare kicked arse. Ran from 1987-1994 in the UK. ( More info)

The only game I know of was produced years ago in 1988, and I found it really hard on my fabled Spectrum 48k - well I was 8 at the time, I'd have to try it again. ( A review!) (plus it broke one of the TV Series game rules slightly, that you can't go back on yourself - you could do it a few times with no worries)

Don't know about anything produced more recently based upon it though.

Now you've got me investigating - there was also another game released in 1992 for the Atari ST. ( though looks more RPG-like).

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 06-10-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:07 AM   #4

Yep Knightmare is a TV show or should i say was a TV show in the UK. I watched all of the episodes and recently ordered off one of the Knightmare forum member the whole set on vhs tapes last year which was just living old memeories.

I got the speccy game too i could never do anything on that except talk to the old guy for a bit and i could never understand what the hell i was to do to progress from that 1st room lol.

I recently got a amiga emulator on the pc and have a fully working section (with hdd) so i can play amiga games that i own but are in the cupboard as amiga is kaput.

I got the Knightmare amiga game but it was crap and nothing like the show i thought.

I just wished some company made a really decent attempt at a Knightmare game using todays technology but keeping it faithful to the show. I would do it myself but i can't get my head around programing or scripts. Although i can some art and im good at modeling things for mods and animation with lightwave. Bah i just really wanted to play it as a good pc game back so many years ago i really have a craving for it to be made on pc as a new game or if a fan made one somewhere. But alas no...

Wish someone would tho.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to g2-man

I keep on hearing a rumour that the production company is making a new version of Knightmare, don't think it'll quite be the same though...as in don't think it'll be a blue screen affair anymore. :-(
Old 06-10-2004, 11:13 PM   #6

Nope Knightmare is coming back although a more modern version. I would also have prefered the blue screen tech version as well but never the less we should be gratefull that any sort of knightmare tv show is coming back at all, so im happy that something like knightmare is coming soon. I just wish them luck on creating the atmospere and experience that the original did.

http://www.televirtual.com/news2.htm
Old 06-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to g2-man

Thanks for the link. Had a quick look at one of the videos, actually doesn't look too bad, they appear to have caught some of the essence of the old programme.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:18 PM   #8

Default Ags?

I loved knightmare too, and i am intending on creating an AGS game of it.

Anyone know how 2 get Knightmare videos?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #9
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'd completely forgotten about this TV programme, but reading these posts has just brought some long-dormant memories flooding back. Strange...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.