You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures From The Boom Came a Scream ( an unfinished point and click adventure)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #1

Default From The Boom Came a Scream ( an unfinished point and click adventure)

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum, joined early this morning. My favourite sub-genre of adventure games is Point and click, and my project in work follows that premise. FTBCAS is a point and click horror title made with Flash CS5.

Heres the story so far ( will be redited over time)

The small town of Syhn, in the remote areas of Canada's north, is believed to be one of the most haunted places in Canada. Not many people live in the town, only about 200, but nearly all of them are teenagers who had lost there parents, Either by running away, death, etc. Syhn only seems to draw in Teens, as no one older than 18 seems to arrive at the town. Jon ( the main character, the one you play as) Has heard many a tale about ghosts and haunted houses from either eavesdropping on other peoples conversations, or being told by a classmate. Although he does believe in ghosts, haunted houses were a little far fetched. He does admit to, however, that same houses are pretty creepy looking, with creaks and moans and stuff like that. A few of the teenagers of the town have gone missing, after said that they were going to investigate one of the many haunted houses, but Jon rejects it as the missing ones had just ran off to another town. But it's not until Jon's best friend, Kurtis, said that he was going to go and investigate one of the houses that Jon starts to believe the houses may be haunted. Jon has not seen Kurt in school for over a week, and when he knocks on Kurt's door, he gets no response. That night, Jon decides that if the houses really are stealing people, and his friends, he will have to act. He grabs a flash light, some batteries, and head out into the night.

Not great, but will be edited in the future. problems with this game so far is, not much is accessible, and the Art is Horrid. So , when playing, please disregard the stick houses and other badly drawn objects, im not great at art at all. Also, This game supossed to try and scare you, so playing with your volume somewhat high is encouraged for full effect of the game. This game may be donw in a few months time, as i intend to add alot of accessible and readable items for your pleasure. So without further adeu, please enjoy, and give some C&C , tell me what you like, what you don't , and what i should improve on. Thanks, and heres the link

http://www.fileize.com/view/9ed2498e-521/
Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #2

I like the screams.

I don't like it so much that the game is about 30 secs long...

After I found the key in the wallet & opened the unlocked door, I discovered... paper white space. Full of possibilities.