You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures AG Freeware Games Coordinator unveiled!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Hopeful skeptic

Default AG Freeware Games Coordinator unveiled!

As I'm sure some of you have noticed (and if you haven't yet, you soon will), we're now reviewing freeware games again! Not only that, but we've re-committed to staying current on all indie adventure game news in an ongoing article series to be unveiled soon.

To that end, I'm pleased to introduce Steve Brown as the site's new Freeware Games Coordinator. A long-time AG staffer (writer, forum moderator), you'll recognize Steve as stepurhan on the forums. Steve won't be alone, though, as he will be heading up a collective effort dedicated to monitoring the amateur development scene far more extensively than before.

What does this mean to you?

Developers: Tell us about your games! If you're reading this, perhaps you're already posting news here in the forums, and that's great. I'd encourage you to keep doing that, as our freeware team we'll surely see it here. But if you're simply lurking, or would rather share information about your game privately, please send a PM to stepurhan, and he'll be sure to get back to you. Email exchanges are welcome as well, but we'll keep those private so the accursed spambots don't get hold of addresses here.

Players: Tell us about other people's games! Just because it's not your own doesn't mean we don't want to know about it. If you don't see a game in our database (see our Games A-Z library, click "Show/Hide Underground" for complete list), or if you see an entry in desperate need of updates or screenshots, let us know!

Other than that, just enjoy the new, improved coverage. It's long overdue, but better late than never, right?

And now, Steve, over to you...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Game Creator Hobbyist

Yay!

(P.S. The link from this forum to the Underground section of the main site is broken. It goes to "underground/" rather than "underground.php".)
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

So it is. Good thing it's not my problem anymore. (Just kidding, it still is, and I'll have that taken care of).
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Freeware Co-ordinator

Thanks for the introduction Jack.

If you want to bring your game to our attention then post about it in this forum. I'll be tracking this forum so I should pick up anything appearing here in future (and I'll be doing a history review shortly as well). Also, as Jack said, I'm only a PM away if you want to share information off-forum.

Come across something you think the world should know about? Post in the new Freeware reader reccomendations thread.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 08-20-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Congrats on your new role, Steve! May the Underground prosper like never before!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Freeware Co-ordinator

The first of an intended monthly round-up of new games on the freeware scene is up. Read all about it here. More to come in the near future but in the meantime, keep posting here to alert me for future coverage.

Cold Topic

Old 09-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #7

Fantastic! Having a central hub for all indie AG news & reviews will be awesome, and make the lives of the people who play these games much easier.

I may start a thread on my new game in a couple of weeks, depending on the progress I've made. Good pixel art takes awhile :-/
Old 10-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
More slaw!!!

Fiiiiiiiiiiiinally!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
Fantastic! Having a central hub for all indie AG news & reviews will be awesome, and make the lives of the people who play these games much easier.
Err, just to be clear, that's not what we're offering. This article series will highlight the newest game releases, but won't include regular update news or review links, so it's not really a hub for anything other than what's come out in the past month.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Err, just to be clear, that's not what we're offering. This article series will highlight the newest game releases, but won't include regular update news or review links, so it's not really a hub for anything other than what's come out in the past month.
Sorry, I meant the site in general, now with indie reviews and news (by news I meant new releases) will be a sort of hub for indie adventures. I didn't mean it would be an actual hub with constant updates etc. Sorry for the confusion

I realise that providing actual indie news would be extremely time-consuming, and really, all most people care about is when the games are available, anyway.

I think the article is the perfect way for a "mainstream" adventure game site to cover the indie scene.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #11

good to know.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #12

Hi Steve, maybe this might be interesting for you, it's a google translation of my blog, filtered to show only new releases.

http://translate.google.de/translate...de&sl=de&tl=en

You can also take a look at the Adventure-Treff release list that I am updating two-weekly

http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/...396314#p396314

or at the freeware report on the same site that I also create two-weekly (also translated by google):

http://translate.google.de/translate...kategorie%3D19

I found some interesting games in your last overview for November that I have missed by myself. Maybe there is a way that we can exchange informations about new games. I can not contact you by PM, I have not enough posts. You can find my mail address in the imprint section of the blog.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
Advie.1

Hi Steve,i just have a question, is it intentioned that you guys dont track IA game remakes such SQ2,KQ3 and the same for Phoenix_Online's Silver Lining ?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
Freeware Co-ordinator

Decent remakes are covered, as well as original adventures based on classic series. See the following mentions in the monthly FF articles.

Space Quest: Incinerations

Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back and Space Quest 2 Remake.

Silver Lining Episode 4

Cold Topic

Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
Advie.1

Thanks Steve
what about A Dirty Split Review, this game is really a Decent one (i guess)

Old 03-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
Freeware Co-ordinator

I won't deny that it is a good game but, even if I had the time, I can't write a review of it myself. It would breach our editorial policies.

You could have a go yourself in the Reader Reviews forum. Alternatively, if you think you can do a job up to the site standards, why not check out the writing guidelines.

Cold Topic

Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #17
Advie.1

Sure Steve, but if i asked you to check the review yourself before i post it as this would be my 1st try to do such thing,would you?

Edit:forget about that Steve
i guess better take a look Reader's Review i made one for Woodruff there , as i something to warm up with

Thanks

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 03-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.