You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Creating a "photo-realistic" 1st person point-and-click game - which software?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #1

Default Creating a "photo-realistic" 1st person point-and-click game - which software?

Hi! I'm very interested in creating a 1st person point-and-click game that's "photo-realistic", i.e. uses photograps as scenes (like "Echoes of the Past". See link below). I've searched the net for an appropriate software to work with, and Adventure Maker could be what I'm looking for. However, I'm not 100% sure. Which software would you guys recommend for such a project?

Important note: I've no knowledge about programming and scripting!

Link: http://melting-mindz.com/SSSG-Echoes_of_the_Past.php
Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #2

Adventure Maker is a GREAT software, very easy to use, very performant. You can test it freely, and for a little payment(compared to rival softwares), you can buy an official licence that allows you to make 360° adventure game, or create games for Windows, I-phone and PSP !

No knowlege in programming or scripting is needed : all is done to make easy the creation of video game, completly intuitive. You've got some pictures, you only need to load them in the sofware and decide (draw it easily with tools directly in a WYSIWYG interface) the interactivity zones, and where to go if user clics on it.

I've not found better on Internet.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
J.H
Frak.

For easy to use try Visionaire or AGS.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #4

I've been playing around with Adventure Maker Free Edition, and it's amazing I'm definately going to buy the Full Edition
Old 02-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Game Designer

Wintermute is the best IMO.

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #6

I use Adventure Game Studio. It's easy, flexible (within reason) and it's free.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynjolfr View Post
Hi! I'm very interested in creating a 1st person point-and-click game that's "photo-realistic", i.e. uses photograps as scenes (like "Echoes of the Past". See link below). I've searched the net for an appropriate software to work with, and Adventure Maker could be what I'm looking for. However, I'm not 100% sure. Which software would you guys recommend for such a project?

Important note: I've no knowledge about programming and scripting!

Link: http://melting-mindz.com/SSSG-Echoes_of_the_Past.php
Adventure Game Studio (AGS), is very good and it allows to you create EXE files even for free games while Adventure Maker doesn't.

With Adventure Maker free edition, keep the following things in mind:
- Exe file creation can only be done with full version of Adventure Maker
- using Adventure Maker, user will have install engine file which has lots of bugs
I even running free games when having engine installed in winxp/vista and almost each time bugs is happening.
I am not sure if this is game developers problem but when this happening for each games, then I have no choice to conclude this might be actual engine problems

Regardless which engine you'll use, read terms for EXE file creation

The following game being created using (AGS) including same image style you're asking. see following:

Link: http://www.phoenixtalesgame.com/