You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #1

Default where to download RAD Game Tools?

Many thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #2

http://www.radgametools.com/
Old 04-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Game Creator Hobbyist

Surprise!

Though you're probably better off with a cheaper alternative. RAD aims at the large studios and their pricing reflect that. (Your question makes it clear that you're not part of that group.) As an example, Miles sound system is $3000 US for a licence.

If it is a sound library you're after, I have used BASS and FMOD. I can recommend both. They are both good and easy to use, and both have licensing options targeting smaller developers. (Both are even free to use for non-commercial projects.) My most recent work has been with BASS, but I'm very interested in the things that have happened with FMOD since I used it (the Designer), and would probably use that if I started a new project today.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #4

thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Scavenger Adventurer

Default ogg and xvid

If you're looking for a video library, I reccommend Ogg Thora, and Ogg Vorbis for sound. They're both free and open source, which means you can modify them. There's also Xvid video, also free and open, but it's more of a codec then a library.