You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Murran Chronicles - Episodes 1 and 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
WeggieWare

Default Murran Chronicles - Episodes 1 and 2

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been a lover of adventure games since the early 1980s when I got my hands on King's Quest, Police Quest, etc.

I have finished my first ever adventure game and my second is now in Beta, being tested.

Speaking of which, if anyone else wants to help beta test episode 2, please PM or shoot me an email.

The first game is very short, maybe 2 hours to complete, and the sequel is a bit longer and more indepth (I got more used to the process and felt more confident making a much more complex game).

The games are all free, created with AGS, and can be downloaded from my website- www.billandnicole.net/games

Episode 1 - The Jersey Devil
---------------------------
While visiting your cousin in Leeds Point, New Jersey, a neighbor child goes missing. Being in the FBI (though a desk-jockey, not the field-op type), you are thrust into the middle of the investigation. Did the legendary creature take the child, as the mother claims? Or is something more nefarious at hand in the sleepy southern New Jersey pine barrens?

Episode 2 - Talons of Terror
---------------------------
After the experience in southern New Jersey, you are moved to another division of the FBI and promoted to special agent status. This new division investigates the stranger cases, and this is one of them. Cattle have been taken long distances from their farms, mutilated and eaten by something. There have been sightings of large creatures in the sky and three unsolved murders within recent months. You are thrust into an investigation ripe with intrigue as you explore Montana while trying to solve the mystery of who or what is killing the cattle, and why three people have turned up dead. Could it be a creature thought extinct millions of years ago? Or do the Sioux Indians have something to do with it?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Old lady who loves games

Hey Bill, congrats on the completion of your first project, looks great, just downloaded it, can't wait to play it. Good luck with your other project.

http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Stalker of Britain

Hey there!!! If you're still looking for someone to help Beta test, I'd like to do it.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Hey there!! Now, I may just be overlooking something, but the graphic made me think; is this game an adventure, or is some of it a shooter?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
WeggieWare

Its definitely an adventure game, not a shooter. The player works with the FBI, so as such you carry a gun, and can draw it and aim it at stuff, but by no means is it a shooter. In fact, if you shoot someone for no reason, lets just say the game will be very, very short for you.

-Bill
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Stalker of Britain

That's awesome!! Thanks poc, it looks very good. I have not played the 1st one, but I'm going to get right on playing this one. Can't wait!!