You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Lift0
Default Developing hobby project Crusoe

Hello everyone!

Since I'm a huge game fan of mostly adventure games I feel that I want to create something of my own.

I have an idea - Crusoe, as the name implies the game has parallels with the original story, but I want to give it a unique touch.

The project is in the beginning phase. I've made som steps which must be complete in order to move "stage 2" in the development phase, but that's a bit forward.

I just want to ask if there are any dreamers/filosofers who like adventure games, can program some C++ and have some understanding of 3D math. If you do I think this project is something for you

I'm my not a pro programmer myself. I feel that it would be fun to be several persons to this because I know how hard and time-consuming it is to build pretty good scenes. I also feel that it is fun to meet new persons who has the same interests!

So... this is a hobby project which I thought of developing in order to get experience from game programming and development so I hope those that responds wants the same.

With Hobby project I don't mean as a project which to work on 8 hours a day, no far away, it's a project that when you have free time and THE WILL to CREATE something, why not program and create something in the Crusoe game.

Maybe the project can be a good thing to show future companies from your portfolio...

I am myself a 3D Computer Graphics student in Sweden...

One more thing, the game will be developed in C++ with the Ogre platform (which is a good platform to create games in, if not someone else has a better proposal)
http://www.ogre3D.org

And remember, you don't need to be very good at something. But you need to have THE WILL and MOTIVATION to learn things by yourself - That's what I expect from you.

If this feels interesting, send a message to me

Regards

Last edited by Lift0; 10-15-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #2

Hello everybody,

I just want to refresh the thread with the state of the project in order to allow you participate in the project.

We are over 5 members, the majority Spanish and Swedish computer science students, we have a lot of illusion and are willing to learn new things. As tools we are using Ogre3d, Visual Studio Express and 3ds. Well the project is at the end of the first phase, step to step we have defined the goals, the initial design of the main characters and we have started to implement it.

We still hope new hands in the projects with specially time to dedicate. As I mentioned, we are most of us technical engineer for that reason, we are looking for graphic designer.

So if you are interested, do not hesitate into contact and us an email.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 AM   #3
Adventurer

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure what kind of graphics you're referring to when you want a graphics designer, but I do 2D art like painting and drawing, mostly digitally. Sent you a mail.

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis