You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Elegantly copy+pasted

Default QFG2 VGA Released

Download Quest for Glory II VGA at the AGDI Site

Yes, after 7 years in development, it is here. The AGDI (formerly Tierra) fan remake of Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire was released slightly behind schedule (that would be the most recent announcement of a Sunday release, not the original ambition of getting it out in 2004), at around 1 AM PST on August 25th, 2008. Reportedly, the game has been ready for a while, they were just waiting to finish a website revamp before they released it.

The servers are pretty swamped right now, but if you keep trying you should be able to download it without too much trouble.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #2

I've been playing it for a few hours and I must say I'm really happy with it. The new fighting system is a blast (though the fights seem to take forever with my puny thief ). I also really like the way they've handled the conversation system, it's really cleverly done (a zillion times better than the botched job Sierra did in the QfG1 remake, which is my main reason for sticking with the original version), and has allowed me to discover many lines that I'd missed when playing with the parser. They also seem to have added new stuff (the soundtrack page at QuestStudios mentions two magic mini-games, and a new place to burgle).

That's going to be fun.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 08-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

I still can't believe this actually made it out. I'm so so happy that this game finally got released! MAJOR kudos to AGD for bringing this out for us. It comes highly recomended if you've ever or never played QFG. It's unlike any other adventure game out there, bringing RPG style mechanics to the familiar point and click formula.

If you're not already playing, you owe it to yourself to check it out, as this is an excellent remake.

Thank you AGD. You made an aging adventure gamer smile.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Banned User

A little sad that it won't have a voice addon. Still a fun game though!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #5

I'm very impressed. You did a great job and I can't wait until I have some time and a walkthrough and play this. I *hate* parser games, they drive me nuts, so this was the one quest for glory I never played in depth.