You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Scene of the Day!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #21
kamikaze hummingbirds

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 08-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #22
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Thanks, Hammerite .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #23
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

One of this days I'll have to play The Dig... by the way, did the act of reading this thread is going to ruin my The Dig experience now?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #24
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine
I freaked out, quit the game, and even uninstalled it! Silly me.

That was exactly my reaction, after entering the butcher's freezer in Conspiracy/KGB. The visuals were not really that scary (just some indefineable lumps of meat on meathooks), but the description of them being human, made terrified me. I would have continued playing after exiting the freezer, but I accidentally clicked on the door of the freezer again, and found myself in that room again. I could not continue playing.

I also screamed when meeting Edna in Maniac Mansion, and so did the friend who was playing the game with me. Both our hearts were still beating fast after we had fled outside of the house, and the very first screen.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #25

Quote:
When the close-up of Indy turning into a rotting corpse appeared (this was on an old computer, so there was actually suspense involved in waiting to see if he survived), I freaked out, quit the game, and even uninstalled it! Silly me.
Although I didn't uninstall the game, a young me was also freaked out by that same scene. Also with the closeup of the knight's tomb.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
One of this days I'll have to play The Dig... by the way, did the act of reading this thread is going to ruin my The Dig experience now?

Oh, not at all. After all, you are still going to meet the

Giant SPACE-Chickens!!!!!

-

Old 08-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #27
kamikaze hummingbirds

I would attempt to find a way to complete DOTT without going into the present in fear of Dr. Fred so I decided to ask my dad to find a walkthrough and I discovered I had to so I did it and prepared for the worst...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #28
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7

It could've been different, however. According to Bill Eaken, the original design concept was for giant space-lions:

That's a nice shot of the Cocytans there, Jazzy. (And I'm not just saying this because I'm the one who captured it in the first place. No. Not at all. )

And Talas, this thread shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of The Dig. I'd say 95% of the puzzles and storyline hasn't been mentioned here yet, so you should be fine.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #29
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:

-
Worst. Design decision. Evar.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #30
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
And Talas, this thread shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of The Dig. I'd say 95% of the puzzles and storyline hasn't been mentioned here yet, so you should be fine.
The space chickens are the lame part of the plot, anyway, Talas .

Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #31

Quote:
That's a nice shot of the Cocytans there, Jazzy. (And I'm not just saying this because I'm the one who captured it in the first place. No. Not at all. )

Aye, they nah be 'Co-kay-tarns", thay be SPACE-Chickens. Ye'll not fool this Feegle!

Anyway, I do not claim to have taken the picture myself (I could not have, because I have the german version). I had used it for some other thread here on the forums (and I believe you pointed out that you took it in that one, too ). I just needed to find a good picture to illustrate my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Worst. Design decision. Evar.
You want to rob me of my joke? Is this a plan to overthrow your emperor?! Guards! Fetch the Comfy Chair! We'll torture the insolence out the of the wretch!

-

Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #32
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
You want to rob me of my joke? Is this a plan to overthrow your emperor?! Guards! Fetch the Comfy Chair! We'll torture the insolence out the of the wretch!
Nurse, bring the sedatives! She's woken up again!

Incidentally, in what way was I robbing you of your joke? Were you intending to make that comment?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Incidentally, in what way was I robbing you of your joke? Were you intending to make that comment? [/size][/size]

Nah, I mean that by saying that the Space-Lions (note the lack of all capitalised "Space") would have been better (I don't doubt that), you were ignoring that that would mean I could not make fun of the Aliens. Thus you were (theoretically) robbing me of a joke (albeit unintentionally). Robbing the supreme Loony Emperor of a joke is punishable with seven hours on the comfy chair in six of ten countries, and with death* in the other four.

-

* = Please note that I don't approve of the death sentence. But what can I do - The people just love me**, and I am what is the supreme Loony Emperor of the World to do against the power of the people.

** = i.e.: They love me when in a good mood***.

*** = i.e.: They have seen what happens to those that got me into a bad mood. Thus they decided that death is actually a mercy in comparison.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #34
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Robbing the supreme Loony Emperor of a joke is punishable with seven hours on the comfy chair in six of ten countries, and with death* in the other four.
I will pray that the UK belongs in the former category.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #35
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Aye, they nah be 'Co-kay-tarns", thay be SPACE-Chickens. Ye'll not fool this Feegle!

Anyway, I do not claim to have taken the picture myself (I could not have, because I have the german version). I had used it for some other thread here on the forums (and I believe you pointed out that you took it in that one, too ). I just needed to find a good picture to illustrate my case.
They do look amusing, but there's a design for them shown in the Strategy Guide that's even funnier. It has their eyes and ears on the sides of their panther-shaped heads, below their mouths, while their noses are on their head-tops.

There's a secret to getting the best screencaptures from 2D game cutscenes. The frames with the least compression artifacts will be the first ones of a new shot or camera angle. I don't know why, but it's true.

(Which is important to consider for The Dig especially, as some of the cutscenes get really over-pixelated.)

Last edited by ATMachine; 08-12-2005 at 03:36 PM.