You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure In Memoriam aka Missing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #1

Default In Memoriam aka Missing?

I have a tendancy to buy adventure games when I see them for a good price even if i have another 4 unopened games sitting on my shelf waiting for me to play. Today is was a game called "Missing" and as far as I can tell form descriptions on other forums it appears to be In Memoriam. Does anyone know if it is infact In Memoriam and of so why the title change?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
merely human

They are the exact same game. In North America it was sold as Missing: Since January because they thought it would sell better.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #3

Default ahh

was it any good?
Old 06-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

I played about half of this game, and was enjoying it. Not really sure why I stopped, but it's been so long now I think I'd have to start over to remember what was going on.

Something that bugged me about it was it requires you to do internet searches, and the searches often turn up In Memoriam / Missing walkthroughs. Kinda takes you out of the game.

It's an interesting concept, but very different from most games.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #5

I liked it a lot. It had some very clever puzzles, and I loved the general feeling of always getting one step closer to solving the mystery (which was actually quite deep and interesting - kind of reminded me of Gabriel Knight in a way). There were some annoying action sequences and puzzles too, but nothing too bad for normal gamers. Keep a walkthrough handy, just in case. And don't expect a traditional adventure game, because it really isn't.