You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Indigo trailer at Gamespot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 05:09 AM   #1
Epinionated.

Default New Indigo trailer at Gamespot

Get yer action scenes here -

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...ul2_061605.asx

(Official Trailer 2)
Old 06-17-2005, 06:59 AM   #2
OB

Geez, what a terrible song. It just ruins the whole thing...not that that looked particularly well done.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
merely human

What the hell was that fricking music doing in that trailer?!!

This is supposed to be Indigo Prophecy, a suspense thriller adventure game, NOT Amped 2!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Lol, exactly . That's just way too teenage American.
I think they're trying to appeal to the very mainstream gamers with this trailer. Could work, since the first trailer got the attention of the AG community and other gamers.

I still think it's weird, though .
Old 06-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
OB

And, it worked, too. I posted this in my Fahrenheit thread over at the Gamestudio forum, and one of the younger tikes liked it a bit and because of the music.

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads...&Number=416376

Quote:
That was cool!

The music wasnt so bad was it? It fitted with the action at least. Thats made it more appealing to me because before I'll admit it was seeming like some slow ploddy thing.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a few riffs!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #6
merely human

It's quite deceptive, though. That kind of music is typically associated with hardcore action games (Painkiller, anyone?). Indigo Prophecy is more akin to suspense drama and selected action moments, someone leaning more towards it because of that music might get pissed off as they'll not be getting what they expected.

Remember that intense techno/drum-n-bass concoction they used for the Broken Sword 3 teaser trailer?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
Gold Elite

I felt like lifting weights whilst watching that trailer...
Old 06-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #8

It'll get more people to actually try out the game. This is a good thing.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #9
Gaming Art Historian

Oh good heavens...

this will probably garner the attention of the guys that scream "EXTTREEEMMEEEEE!!!!!!!"

~ gratuitous Harold & Kumar reference

Edit: Admittedly though, it's true that this will probably get more people to try the game out and yes, that is a good thing.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #10
capsized.

Is Gamespot the only place to get it? I'm too lazy to register now.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:02 AM   #11

Quote:
That kind of music is typically associated with hardcore action games (Painkiller, anyone?)
I consider this to be a California surf-pop-punk song, best to be used in nice-weather games (like, games about skating or beach volleyball or...um, street golf...)

In any case, I agree that it seems out of place in a game like this.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #12
Epinionated.

^ What he said.

However, it's obvious why they chose it for marketing purposes. I didn't like it whatsoever, but I'm not the target for it in this case.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:28 AM   #13
capsized.

Hey, that's Unwritten Law! And yes, they don't fit in here.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Hey, that's Unwritten Law! And yes, they don't fit in here.
I wonder if that pretty awful song is just being featured in the trailer rather than in the actual game play. Quantic released a quirky dance number with a chorus line of the main characters around xmas. That track was pretty cool. At least it had a melody. Anyway the trailer looks good to me, although I preferred the first one. Very cinematic and fast-paced with an interesting supernatural theme.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 AM   #15

Every time i've downloaded a video clip from gamespot, when I attempt to open the zip file in winzip it says "invalid compressed data to inflate". What does it mean and how can I fix it?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
merely human

Try downloading it from Gametrailers.com. Right-click on the media player icon of your choice to save the file.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #17
Headbanger

Cool. I personally think the song is all right, how good it fits the game is maybe a different matter.

But I on the other hand didn't like the music they had in one of the Broken Sword 3 trailers. I really believe that music fitted much worse to that game then this song does to Fahrenheit.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:41 AM   #18
[Insert important title]

Hmm. This game promises much and may come perhaps one of the greatest adventure game. What do you think, if this game will fulfill it´s potential will it be start a new hope for adventure games?

Or does the gaming culture just ignore it because it is "just" adventure game.

Well, i am always hoping the best and fearing the worst.

P.S Sorry my lack of activity in the forums. I try change that now on.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #19
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veksu
Hmm. This game promises much and may come perhaps one of the greatest adventure game. What do you think, if this game will fulfill it´s potential will it be start a new hope for adventure games?

Or does the gaming culture just ignore it because it is "just" adventure game..
That depends on how aggressively the game is marketed. So far it has been getting good attention from non-adventure fans, from what I've seen online. If it receives critical acclaim it could attain cult status. But realistically it most likely won't be a Half-Life 2 or Halo. The concepts behind it are considered radical in the industry (never mind that a few past adventure games offered similar ideas, they had never thought of it on the scale and ambition of Indigo Prophecy, and those games went by with very little notice from the media, gamers, and game companies - that is, those games had little or no impact).

As far as it being 'just' an adventure game, well that actually is also a critical part of how it's marketed. Let's face it, the Adventure Game, as everyone else outside this community of fans perceives it, has had this stigma of being boring and outdated. How do you position an innovative game like Indigo Prophecy as an 'adventure' game and expect it to draw in a large crowd of both newly interested people while offering something to fans of the genre? You almost truly can't expect it to, unless you market it as another kind of game given the reputation of adventure games today.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 06-21-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
As far as it being 'just' an adventure game, well that actually is also a critical part of how it's marketed. Let's face it, the Adventure Game, as everyone else outside this community of fans perceives it, has had this stigma of being boring and outdated. How do you position an innovative game like Indigo Prophecy as an 'adventure' game and expect it to draw in a large crowd of both newly interested people while offering something to fans of the genre? You almost truly can't expect it to, unless you market it as another kind of game given the reputation of adventure games today.
I agree. They will be better off marketing the game as a "brainy" action game rather than as an adventure game. That would probably gain them more attention from non-AG fans. AG fans have been following the game closely anyway (it's # 2 on our Hype-O-Meter for example) so I doubt they will be swayed a lot no matter how they decide to market the game.

Marketing innovative games seems to me is a risky business. Even very good ones like BG&E sold poorly. I hope they do a good job marketing Fahrenheit.