You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Games I skipped/might skip/almost skipped due to my stubbornes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to Pelican

Simon the Sorceror 3D. Pretty much given up on it. Most games, even if I don't like them, I'll get a walkthrough and complete them - just so I feel I've got my money's worth. Couldn't even do that with this one. I eventually gave up after the gajillionth attempt to sneak through the jail. What a waste.

Uru. I like the Myst games. I may need to look up hints here and there, but generally the puzzles make sense, even if I can't actually work them out. But when you don't even know there is a puzzle? This is more aimed at the expansions though - there was no clear goal, and real-time puzzles? (as in wandering off for fifteen minutes waiting on those flipping stones to be made) I ended up sitting with a walkthrough all the way to finish it.

There's lots of other adventure games that weren't particularly titilating, but these are the only ones that really ticked me off.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #22
Can I get a what...what!?

The worst game I ever slogged through was 'Prisoner of Ice' - even though I was concious of how terrible it was, there was something about me that kept me captivated despite my overall disgust.

I remember when I was maybe 12, I had the Goblins game and I couldn't get past the first screen (the gate slapped me in the ass and I died). Maybe that was all there was to the game! Just a screen with a gate that killed you.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 AM   #23

Simon3D, definitely. I feel a bit bad not for playing it, as I got it as a birthday present from my brother. I can't possibly imagine how they've managed to produce such horrible graphics. They should've stuck to the 2D engine Well, at least they tried.

Also, I've tried several times to play Myst. I guess I'm just not smart enough