You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Your Favourite/Worst puzzles/scenes in the Broken Sword Series...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #1

Default Your Favourite/Worst puzzles/scenes in the Broken Sword Series...

There are bound to be spoilers in this thread so if you havent played... be warned

My favourite scene has to be in BS1, the opening cafe scene. That to me has to be one of the best ways a game has ever opened in adventures. That and the different chracters were excellent.

My favourite puzzle- This is hard tp remember since to be honest its been a while since i've played but the puzzles in syberia they had me thinking, really entertaning too, specialy the gun puzzles at the end of the chapter.

My worst puzzle- has to be the goat puzzle in bs1 and the wild boar in bs2.

Spoiler:
The Willd boar even more so because i didn't know you have to jump on the branch for you to go on, and i freaking saved it after not jumpin on the branch over my old save so i had to start the game all over again after consulting a walkthrough finding out why i was still stuck in the same place. lol

Others...

Last edited by Eye-Z; 04-13-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 AM   #2
capsized.

The goat. Of course. Plus: I didn't like that Revolution went over the top with their crate fetish in BS3. But I don't blame them. They gave their best and succeeded in bringing the series to 3D.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:09 AM   #3

yea the crate fetish was all messed up,

did anyone else have the problem with the wild boar and the pea shooter.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 AM   #4
capsized.

To be honest: Don't even remember that particular puzzle. I slightly remember being stuck at the movie set scene for quite some time... but I can't recall why.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 AM   #5

yea the movie set bit was hard for me too, man ima get back and start playing again i think.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Excessively diverted

I loved the train section towards the end of BS1, and agree with you Eye-Z that the opening sequence of the game is superb.

That accursed goat puzzle plagued me for longer than I'd like to admit, especially because I got some crazy idea into my head that because you could squeeze the wet rag (or sponge? I don't remember clearly) into the drain outside the pub, this was in some way connected to the goat puzzle. I must have squeezed gallons of water down that drain before I finally admitted to myself that this was the *not* the most plausible solution, and resigned myself to a walkthrough!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
capsized.

The problem was, that Revolution up to this point established a collection of classic use-x-with-y puzzles along with some dialogue "puzzles". Result: The player got used to them. And then came the click-here-to-finish-me-goat.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #8
underwater adventurer

Send a message via ICQ to captain Nemo

But I liked the crate puzzles in BS3. Just nice not too stupid or hard puzzles. Way more stupid of revolution was to insert the most known puzzle in the world: about, goat, wolf and salad. So, I didn;t worried about crate stuff at all, there're a lot much more dumb puzzles in even very good adventure games.
As for goat puzzle, yes it's hard somehow and I didn't solve it myself , but the fact that almost everybody didn't solve it makes me think that it's good one.

At first I say that scene of George and Nico ripping pipe off the wall became classical imo.
I like all the scenes at Nico's home in the first game.
A like whole Voodoo Island episode in BS2 and especially when George arrives at the piraty movie scene and says 'Pirates!'.
Maybe final episode in BS3? There is very cool rain and both heroes together.

edit: What the heck I'm talking about? My favourite BS scene is Beneath a steel sky easter egg in BS2 of course!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Z
yea the crate fetish was all messed up,

did anyone else have the problem with the wild boar and the pea shooter.
I did, I also had trouble with the part where nico and that midget are standing at the base of the tower and they have to do all that.....stuff...
Old 04-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #10

I hated the goat puzzle and any other time important puzzles. I didnt think any Broken Sword 2 were too difficult. In fact the ending pyramid puzzles were mind bogglingly easy.

The crate puzzles in 3 were tollerable because its 3D.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #11

Through the entire series the only time I ever looked at a walkthrough was for that darn goat.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 04-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #12
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

The goat puzzle, of course.

My favorite scenes were basically any scene with just George and Nico interacting in part 3. I think they had the best chemistry in that game, playing off one another and joking and the other's expense in a fully believable way.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:10 PM   #13

Which Nico voice do you guys like better between games 1,2 or 3. Im pretty sure the actresses were different without looking at the box. Game threes actress sounded so much more sexy than game one and two.

While we are at it, which character was more attractive (albeit a cartoon charactor) in BS3 out of Nico or the nazi blonde assasin?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:34 AM   #14

they are both sexy i think. But you can't change Nico to any other woman. By the way i hate Beatrice though I love goth chicks.

In the goat puzzle i couldn't count how many times i've got butted by the goat.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #15
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

If my above post didn't hint at it, I like Nico in part three the best. In the first two games, the voice was good......but it just lacked this spark you would expect to hear between her and George. They didn't really sound like they had a chemistry with each other. In part three, the voice work was very well done.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #16

I think i prefere one, that and it was nice to see them have some romance, i wanted them to get back together in 3.