You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Runaway UK release date slips yet again...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger
Default Runaway UK release date slips yet again...

Anyone still hoping to get Runaway from GMX in the UK anytime soon, sorry to disappoint you but it's been delayed again this time to February 27th 2004 according to amazon. This is absolutely terrible, and I seriously doubt it will ever come out from GMX.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...562063-5739639

Anyway I gave up on them ages ago and am currently looking abroad.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:49 AM   #2
in 256 Colors

Seems like the UK adventuregamers have to weather through the same release chaos as the German fans had to. And that sucks.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:53 AM   #3
Revolution Fanatic

All I can say is Hurrah!
It was scheduled to come out with bs3, this means that bs3 has that bit more of a chance to get better sales.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

This just isn't fun. On the plus side, it will allow me not to be broke when it eventually comes out. Although with BS3, Deus Ex: Invisible War, KOTOR, FIFA 2004, generally Christmas, a load of gigs...I'm broke.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 11-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #5
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Console yourselves with the knowledge that it really isn't that great of a game! Not much help, I know, but believe me there are a million other better games you could be playing.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 11-07-2003, 12:50 PM   #6
Retirement is stupid

Feel free to completely ignore Remixor, as Runaway is a fantastic game, a classic adventure, and one that you should definitely hope you can find someday soon. But I'll be shocked if it ever actually makes it out to stores anywhere with a GMX logo on it.

We'll see if JttCotE can have better luck under GMX.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 11-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

...well, or that.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 11-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #8

Default Sad news about Runaway's Release Date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
Feel free to completely ignore Remixor, as Runaway is a fantastic game, a classic adventure, and one that you should definitely hope you can find someday soon. But I'll be shocked if it ever actually makes it out to stores anywhere with a GMX logo on it.

We'll see if JttCotE can have better luck under GMX.
JttCotE Huh? Stinger, what is that supposed to stand for.

Despite that confusion, I'm planning to get the U.S. Version. I think it's being published by Tri Synergy (I hope I'm right about that).
Old 11-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #9
Bearly Here

It is hard to figure out what is going on with GMX. The english version of Runaway has been out for some time. Plus why they would miss out on the sales is even harder to understand. With BS 3 and URU releasing they will be hard pressed to launch competitively.

I agree with Stinger on Runaway. It is a fun, diverting game. Great characters. Unique and well defined - like classic characters in the older Monkey Island games and such. It has some flaws - but I haven't seen perfect yet. But it is about as close to as good as it can be built. No glitches, no dead ends. Tightly constructed. And the main thing - is I personally had so much damn fun with the game. At least if I had to wander a bit to figure out what I missed - I enjoyed seeing the characters over again. I would visit the divas just to see them again. Side fun for me was catching all the movie references.

As for BS 3 - playing through it slowly and it is another fun ride. People who look at games as puzzles with a story thrown in will probably be dispointed. But if you want diversion, interesting characters, baby easy actiony events (easier than some on the other BS games) and what is building to a nice tie all the old and new threads together plot - Ooops almost forgot the great music and graphics - why miss out? This is what 3D adventures should aspire too. But this isn't a challenge your brain puzzler. Its a game that entertains and engages.

I have been impressed by 3 games in one month - which hasn't happened since 1996. So I am very happy with what is happening in gaming right now. Very happy. To be honest before this and with a few rare exceptions - I was having more engaged fun with hybrid games like NOLF and such. WHich is a shame for adventure games as these aren't adventure games. But they had more credible characters an plot (skimpy as it was) better dialogue than many of the so called adventures that were released in past years.

SO don;t wait on GMX - get the games now.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:12 PM   #10
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
JttCotE Huh? Stinger, what is that supposed to stand for.
Tsk tsk. Read the site news!

http://www.adventuregamers.com/

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 11-08-2003, 03:27 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to feisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
Anyone still hoping to get Runaway from GMX in the UK anytime soon, sorry to disappoint you but it's been delayed again this time to February 27th 2004 according to amazon. This is absolutely terrible, and I seriously doubt it will ever come out from GMX.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...562063-5739639

Anyway I gave up on them ages ago and am currently looking abroad.
*cries* this was supposed to be out so long ago now..

..GMX have only released two titles that i know of (the watchmaker and earth 2170 or something like that!!) and that was over six months ago the only shop that stocked those two titles was GAME, they have the same amount of copies on their shelves now as they did when those games came out..