You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Being incredibly anal...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
Epinionated.

Default Being incredibly anal...

Quote:
In a preview over at Yahoo! Games Domain, Funcom's product director Jorgen Tharaldsen explained that the much anticipated - and much controversial - Dreamfall will be more about giving players freedom of choice in how they play out the story, which is the nucleus of the experience.
"Much" controversial?

Teehee!

On the other hand, more ammunition from people who reckon this game is going to be pants without giving it a try first. Ah well...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #2

How do you know that those people won't even try it before making a final judgement? If a person tries its demo and still thinks it's stinks, are you going to whine about them too?

Maybe no one has ever told you this before but it is actually ok to have reasonable doubts about an upcoming product because if it turns out to be great, it's a pleasant surprise. And if not, then the money will be spent elsewhere, obviously. The game and its bits are being advertised before it's out after all, so either learn to expect an early feedback for an early preview or don't advertise it until it's done.

Simply put, you cannot be serious and hate people for not liking something that you personally pant and drool over. Do you honestly expect only positive feedback about anything at all that is being actively promoted? Take any movie, any movie at all before it was out but when the trailers were shown on TV and in theaters, and tell me honestly if you thought every single person liked it. Exactly. Liking and appreciating are two different things. I may appreciate a programmers or a writer's hard work but I don't have to like it.

Last but not least, if you actually took at least a minute to think about this whole deal, you would stop being so guillible and realize that the only reason the makers of "Dreamfall" are whining about the early feedback is to gain extra publicity, and some people are feeding into it, whether they like or dislike the game. It's like Eminem, a lot of people dislike him but he loves it because even a negative publicity is a publicity and can improve sales. That is why I no longer post more than a single reply per new post that concerns this topic. Yep, you guessed it right, no more replies from me in this thread.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
Epinionated.

Cop-out.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
Epinionated.

Oh, btw I know because I do and I've seen it before.

Mind you, it could easily be crap as well. I'm just optimistic.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
Aj_
Beyond Belief

I hate the many people that have criticized Dreamfall for things that haven't been announced yet. They seem to have already played the game in their heads and have to tell everyone how bad it is.

They don't even discuss the things we know, the things we can discuss. Most recently they ask where the puzzles are, while only a short passage of gameplay has ever been shown, with what appears to be two puzzles.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
Epinionated.

Exactemente.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
They don't even discuss the things we know, the things we can discuss. Most recently they ask where the puzzles are, while only a short passage of gameplay has ever been shown, with what appears to be two puzzles.
Exactly, and the focus of that gameplay has been all about Zoë. We've yet to see anything containing April or Kian.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
"Much" controversial?

Teehee!
Someone got my joke!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien