You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure larry magna cum laude german demo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
recovering AG addict

Default larry magna cum laude german demo

Has anyone tried the demo yet?
(http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/gam...larry.zip.html)
(the german version is the only one availlable at this moment, but german isn't so hard to understand )

My biggest promblem is that they don't make clear whether there's some goal to reach in the demo.
You'll do some chit chat with sally mae, have some rhythm dance with her as well, do a tapper rip off newspaper game, and find some dildo? coins. That's all, and as far as I know, there is no bonus when you complete everything.
On a german forum, someone mentioned a telephone game, but I couldn't find that one BTW, the intro video realy looks low quality, probably due to some extra demo-compression.
Desperately for some bonus, I even tried the nude patch, but that one doesn't work on this demo . So, that's all for my first encounter with MCL.

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 10-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #2
BigRobot

I played the full version and was surprisingly entertained. The guy in the other thread who kept insisting that the game was good and had lots of little LSL references wasn't all wrong.

However, the developers really made a mistake in centering the game around these fast-paced, twitch-based, action-y mini-games. From these forums, I've learned that there's a great many adventure gamer out there that abhors this stuff in even the smallest of doses. They're not going to touch this game -- nor should they. By doing this, the devs alienate a sizable crowd that would've otherwise been interested in this game.