You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure soundtracks,help me

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #1

Default soundtracks,help me

i am kinda new so hi to everyone;

we all agree that music is a great part of an adventure game. i wonder if any of you know a way to find soundtracks for Last Express,Shivers 2 or Gabriel knight 3. i am looking for all of them but especially last express.

i cant find it anywhere to purchase,i cant buy online so my only choice is to download them.i'll be thankfull forever if you help me

please?

thanks already and it is a great thing that adventure games are still alive because i think they are what makes games more than child plays.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum!

For Sierra music, visit Quest Studios. They have music from quite a few of the Sierra games available for download. There is also an "official" GK soundtrack that includes some of the music from GK3 - it was included as part of the Gabriel Knight Mysteries Pack (which is a little difficult to find).

Sorry, I can't help you with Last Express.

-emily
Old 10-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #3

I'm not sure if you have to register for the following links

http://www.sierragamers.com/bbs.asp?msgId=20473
This has 2 GK3 songs, yeah, not that useful I guess.

http://www.sierragamers.com/bbs.asp?msgId=48071
This link has a bunch of songs from shivers 2

I hope I helped you out a little.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
Protector of the Seal

For GK3... http://www.mobygames.com/game/trivia/gameId,484/

Unforunately for me, I took the much more difficult method that this article mentions of opening ambient.brn and cutting out each song manually. It worked, but I think it took a solid couple of days.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #5
Evil Webmaster

You could try using GAP (Game Audio Player) to extract the music yourself from the cd, it works perfectly for GK3 and it should do the trick for other Sierra games as well. Don't know about The Last Express though.
So there you go
Old 10-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
No justice. Only me.

Well, as far as Shivers 2 goes, the second CD can be played in any CD player, and has five full-length songs from the game, as well as a remix track of music from the first Shivers. It's pretty sweet. I put the CD into my computer and copied the tracks, so I can just listen to them using Winamp.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

i never new that, thanx....
welcome back, i have'nt seen you post in a wile.

Old 10-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #8
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i never new that, thanx....
welcome back, i have'nt seen you post in a wile.
Yeah, last time I was on was 10 days ago. You know how it is. School starts, things get busy. I like to spend a good long time reading the boards, so it's hard to find the time.

Plus, I've spent almost all available computer time playing Simcity 4. The Rush Hour expansion really makes the game what it should be.

But I'll be checking in from time to time, don't worry.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
guybrush_guy

next month, i'll be dormint for 10 weeks. thats 2.5 months of no internet or entertainment. im going away to boot camp and wont be able to tuch a PC or TV. so when i get back, i'll be posting like crazy to see what i missed. so make sure that everyone keeps tabs on whats going on in world.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Well, as far as Shivers 2 goes, the second CD can be played in any CD player, and has five full-length songs from the game, as well as a remix track of music from the first Shivers. It's pretty sweet. I put the CD into my computer and copied the tracks, so I can just listen to them using Winamp.

the problem is;i dont have the game anymore and it is impossible for me to find them.
Can you possibly send them to me? by email or something? please??? only the musics that played in church and gas station would be enough...
Old 10-15-2004, 05:41 AM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
the problem is;i dont have the game anymore and it is impossible for me to find them.
ebay
[URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002SVUI//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20[/url]

Old 10-15-2004, 05:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
ebay
[URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002SVUI//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20[/url]

But, but, ...then he'll have to pay!!!

(not that I would pay to get a game's soundtrack, myself, but eh, I'm not saying it aloud... or am I )
Old 10-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #13
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChimp

http://www.sierragamers.com/bbs.asp?msgId=48071
This link has a bunch of songs from shivers 2
Yeah, I ripped and uploaded those songs to the Sierragamers board. I ripped those songs from the second game cd. I also tried to rip the ingame music with GAP32 but most "songs" that were ripped were just speechfiles I haven't been able to find the real music files. Still trying though...\

If anybody has any suggestions, let me know
Old 10-17-2004, 11:16 AM   #14
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

For Last Express: If you are looking for the violin concerto I think it is an ordinary recording that's available on cd that they have used so it should be available to purchase (although I don't know where). The name of the performer and the name of the music piece is available in the credits, so it should be possible to look it up.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 10-18-2004, 04:27 PM   #15
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
Can you possibly send them to me? by email or something? please??? only the musics that played in church and gas station would be enough...
Ah, well I don't have THOSE songs. The ones that can be played on a CD player are the ones that were performed by the band in the game.

Although there are something like 8 or 9 music videos in the game, several are from the same songs, so there are only five full songs.