You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure TellTaleGames interviewed on GameSpot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default TellTaleGames interviewed on GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6109473.html

read this!

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 10-01-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
Irritant F0rum Beasty

If there was ever a good time for Mike Stemmle to jump ship at Lucasarts...

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Homer of Kittens

Dude this is wonderful news. All ex-LA employees are defecting to start their own companies that do just what LA used to, ADVENTURE GAMES So now instead of LA, we have 2 spinoffs... I will take that every day... The phoenix is rising from the ashes.

Firefox rules
Old 10-01-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
Headbanger

Ooooooh! Yeeeeees!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #5
guybrush_guy

i've known about telltail for quite some time, but all of this is new wonderful information.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:41 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
The San Rafael-based developer will concentrate on "re-energizing" the adventure game market.
Quote:
And yes, Telltale is hiring; Troy Molander says that the company is currently looking for talented programmers, artists, and storytellers.
Dude, I'm going to knock on their door and ask for a job.

-emily (25 minutes from San Rafael)
Old 10-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

me to, well soon atleast. once i get out of boot camp there sending me to san francisco

Old 10-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed

If there was ever a good time for Mike Stemmle to jump ship at Lucasarts...
You know Stemmle was fired, right?
Old 10-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #9

Wow. When I read this is thought of Fov. Awesome news.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
guybrush_guy

i wondering when ther going to anounce what there working on, i'm realy anxious to see whats happening.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:14 PM   #11

OMFG!! This is going to be big OMFG TEH !!!ONE!1337! Now I can finally talk like an adolescent counter-strike player, but for the adventure genre, W00t%#@TEH)(&€³@!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Connors, Telltale's CEO, says that fan reaction to the cancellation of Sam and Max by LucasArts last year played a big part in helping the team to make the decision to start their own company. “When Sam and Max: Freelance Police was abruptly cancelled last March,” Connors says, “we were moved by the groundswell of support from the fan community, including an online petition to continue the development of the game.”
Old 10-01-2004, 09:16 PM   #12
guybrush_guy

IT HAS TO BE A NEW SAM AND MAX GAME, IT JUST HAS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!..this quote came for the synopsis of what there working on rite now!

"We've quietly begun development on an exciting license that we can't wait to tell you about! Well, actually we HAVE to wait to tell you about it, but we can tell you it's something many of you already know and love, and that Telltale's only a part of the exciting things that are brewing around it. If you've enjoyed any of the products we've helped create in the past, you're sure to love this one! Check back frequently, or join our mailing list to find out when the big announcement will be! And please, no peeking!

In the mean time, expect to see some fun smaller games from us, as sometimes we just can't help ourselves. "

Old 10-01-2004, 09:18 PM   #13
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Though I know 0 about Telltale's game, I predict that despite Gamespot's hinting it's not going to be Sam & Max 2... if only because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Internet
GS: How is your working relationship with LucasArts today? Is there one?

DC: We have lots of friends over there, but on a business level it's hard to get traction. They are very focused on dealing with what's in front of them. So unfortunately there is none, which is sad because we really love those old licenses, and of course Sam and Max. We do chat with Steve Purcell from time to time.
That said I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 10-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #14
guybrush_guy

damn you and your logic!

Old 10-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Though I know 0 about Telltale's game, I predict that despite Gamespot's hinting it's not going to be Sam & Max 2... if only because of
[..]
That said I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
Shhhh! Edit your post, let's start the rumor machine which in part helped spawn this company, and let's hope LEC realises they'd be better off selling their license of S&M2 to Telltale

Or well.. atleast don't disillusion me from my wonderful hallucination using your fancy logic again!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #16
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Great news indeed.

I checked their site out again to see if there was something new- and wow, a new logo and a site redesign (I hadn't been there for months, to be honest).

I've been reading over some of the blogs. They're freking hilarious, particularly that Anonymous Kidnapper case!

I predict good things for those guys, very good things. Except the kidnapper, of course.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:33 PM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

The redesign happened today. I checked their site, went to reread the interview, and when I went back to the site it looked different.

-emily
Old 10-01-2004, 10:44 PM   #18
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Dude, I'm going to knock on their door and ask for a job.

-emily (25 minutes from San Rafael)
Lucky you. I'm that same distance from id software...so that means even if I wanted a job there I'd have to work on Doom 4 or Quake 7 or something equally lame. Popular, but lame. lol.
Töre: You see it, God, you see it. The innocent child's death and my revenge. You allowed it. I don't understand you. Yet now I beg your forgiveness. I know no other way to be reconciled with my own hands. I know no other way to live.

-Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring (1960)
Old 10-02-2004, 12:29 AM   #19

>“When we saw the petition and how upset people were, we knew we had to >start Telltale Games,” adds Kevin Bruner.

Don´t forget to rub this in the noses of those people who said they´re not going to sign the petition because petitions never make any difference.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #20
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
We may not. The proliferation of broadband has opened a direct channel to fans of these types of games. We started Telltale to push the market forward and quickly take advantage of advances in technology. There are many behemoths in the industry going about things in a very formulaic way; Telltale isn't down with that. If we do choose to work with a publisher, it will be because we have a shared vision.
Interesting...